Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT's Time Booking in TECO

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are booking Time on WBS and Network Activity using CAT's.

My concern is, Time booking should not be allowed, when WBS Status is Set to TECO.

I have tried to Use User Status but, unable to get suitable object related to HR CAT's Time booking in User Status Profile in SPRO.

Let me know how we can do it or is there any alternate option available?

regards,

Atul Rajmane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with what Ravi has to say. Even if you maintain a user status you will get an error when you are transferring the hours and thats when the actual activity allocation happens. I guess i had used the exit EXIT_SAPLCATS_002.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

A WBS with TECO status will not permit Commitment generation but permit actual posting.If you want to block any further actual postings permenantly, either you can set the status of the WBS to closed.

Or If you want to temporarily block the actual cost booking, you can lock the account assignment status.

Or If you want to block only time booking by CATS, then you have to go for user status as per your idea.

Try forbidding activity allocation as Abdul stated.

Even then you will get an error message only when you are transfering the work hours.

So you have to validate your enties during time sheet booking itself.Try some exits as Gokul stated.Try "EXIT_SAPLCATS_003"

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try forbidding business transaction "Actual activity allocation" in the user status.

Tnx.

abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using user exits available for CATS. You can search for them in transaction SMOD. I had a similar requirement where in i had to restrict timesheet booking on activities that had the status 'CNF'. It was achieved using user exits. I am not able to recollect the exact name of the user exit.

Explore a bit and you may find it.