cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration Inspection against PRT material, no insp. lot being created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to inspect a material (that is not batch managed) at regular interval, say (hourly) or (daily). The material is not in production.

I read in PLM421, page 14-4 "You can manage test equipment as - material master" . I created the following in system, system successfully creates calibration order but inspection lot is not being created.

1. A material with PRT view maintained

2. General Task List that includes that PRT material against an operation

3. I used "QM01" control key and an MIC as well

4. Maint. Plan, Scheduling, and so on

4. The system created calibration order but on release no inspection lot is being created.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign Inspection type 14 to Order type

IMG -> Plant maintenance & Customer services -> maintenance and service processing -> Functions and settings for order type -> Assign inspection types to maintenance/ service order types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I had already assigned inspection type against maintenance order type. Inspection Lots against equipment are successfully being created but against PRT material not being created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally Inspection type 14 works with the Equipment master & not the PRT material(FHMI)

Just take a look at the maintenance plan.What you have maintained here a PRT material or Equipment master.So maintenance order is created against which Master(a PRT material or Equipment master) .........???

I do not have opportunity to create a Inspection lot against PRT .I think its possible for Function location or Equipment master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply.

For your reference from PLM421, the manual states that there are four type of test equipment in R/3 (i.e. material, equipment, document, PRT master). And as I mentioned earlier that the system is creating Calibration Order using General Task List and copies name of PRT material as Calib. Order Description. But the only problem is that inspection lot is not being created though insp. type is assigned against maint. order type in Customizing.

I think a little thing is missing, the rest is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

task list with inspection point 300 and sampling procedure should be attached to order.

craete equipment and attach that in order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your solution.

Though I did not want to use any equipment in PRT material calibration but as you suggested to use an equipment on Calibration Order I attached a dummy equipment to run the process and it works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u don't want to use equipment then instead of it u can use functional location.

once I was also getting this type of issue that time system log showed me that either attach equipment or functional location in order ti create inspection lot.

Answers (0)