cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer from one plant to another plan but in the same warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts

I have a scenario where I need to transfer the material from one plant to another plant of different company code but both the plants are assigned to same warehouse. So When we tyransfer the goods it does not move physically. We want the same Bin number and pallet number should be proposed at the time of recieving the goods as it was at the time of issuing the goods.

Also the Purchase Order is Intercompany and also it is subcontracting Purchase order. So it is a Intercompany subcontracting Purchase Orcer.So here we need to consume the Component provided to vendors also. I am sure few Expert must have faced this problem and solved also. Please suggest to me. Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Deepak kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard SAP WM you can solve the ownership change of the stock via posting change notice (PCN) (= you can manage the WM part of the process via PCNs). You can set in the storage type definition (V_T3010-KZUAP) that the stock should 'remain' in the same bin (there will be movments in WM but at the end the stock will be in the same bin).

Storage unit number won't change.

Please explore PCNs going through SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f843a14afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

As for intercompany (cross company) STO with item category "L": the main item (parent material) behaves as any other item in normal STO. The components are managed in the same way as components in a PO with external vendor (the components are posted to special stock 'O' of the vendor assigned to supplying plant via mvt 541 and consumed later by mvt 543).

It means it is not an integrated solution.

Please explore it by testing in your system.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 3, 2011 10:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have 2nd scenario of intercompany Subcontracting PO and both supplying plant and recieving plant has same warehouse and storage type to store. Is there any way where we can consume the component for the PO even if we show that the finished goods move with 301 movement and finished goods has not been recieved for the PO.

Best regards

Deepak kumar

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already replied to second scenraio too.

If you use im-mvt 301 for plant-to-plant stock transfer, then there's no point in speaking about subcontracting intercompany scenario, because in this case there's no preceeding PO (STO).

In case of stock transfer via subcontracting STO - as mentioned - the components are located in the special stock segment of supplying plant's vendor (vendor master which is assigned to the plant). So, the components are not in any storage location, they will consumed from special stock 'O".

This (component consumption) has nothing to do with WM.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 4, 2011 1:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Csaba

Thanks for you reply I have following problem

1) When I issue the goods ( 643 movement) I just have to issue in system not in actual. So after Goods issue system shows that the material has been picked from the Bin and bin is empty for further placement of stock but in actual material is not moved so Bin is not empty. So I need to make the Bin unavailable by making it block for Putaway.

2) When we recieve the Goods in recieving plant I need to recieve in the same Bin and With same Pallet number. So at that time I have to unblock the Bin also for Putaway.And we should make system propose the same bin number and pallet number.Can this be done without enhancement.

3) Also we have to make sure that the componenet provided to vendor should be consumed. If we go for any kind of Posting change notices then component (543 mv) is not getting posted automatically.

What I was thinking of that if for the Outbound delivery ( Of Intercompany PO ) we can force 301 movement type instead of 643 and then some how consume the Component provided to Vendor seperately and close the PO manually by selecting delivery completed Indicator. This eliminate the use of enhancement because use of 301 will generate the PCN and we will have same bin no and same pallet no. But in this case PO is not closed. We can close the PO by selection DCI ( Delivery completed Indicator) manually.

But still component provided to vendor will show on stock of the recieving plant. Which I want to nullify somehow.I hope this clarify and you can suggest us few more tips. Thanks till now. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Deepak kumar

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, in case of im-mvt 301 you can use the PCN, however you cannot manage the subcontracting part of the process. Using STO you can manage the subcontracting scenario.

I'm not aware of any standard setting through which you could solve the process...so, it's very likely you should go for development.

Possible solutions (just my dummy ideas):

- Use one-step STO with delivery --> TO creation (removal) / bin block-unblock / TO creation (putaway) should be automized. (It means you should automize ~what the PCN does)

- Use one-step STO with delivery with dummy main item (FOC non stock / non valuated material). GR would trigger auto MB1B + 301 (badi: MB_DOCUMENT_BEFORE_UPDATE interface: IF_EX_MB_DOCUMENT_BADI; method: MB_DOCUMENT_BEFORE_UPDATE can be used to trigger the 301 mvt. Dummy item with components enables to manage the components. In this case in WM no development is needed)

Answers (0)