cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPDBA error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone ever seen a windows error when you try to launch sapdba from a cmd window on Oracle and get a call for 'orasql9i.dll'? The windows error asks you to re-install the application. This is a 6.20 SAPDBA trying to access a 10g Oracle database/ERP 2004 ECC 5.0 system on W2K3 server. Sorry I'm old school I still like to use sapdba. I appreciate any help.

Aloha,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately you can't use SAPDBA with this release. In your case try to use BRCONNECT !

You'll find almost of SAPDBA's functionalities in this tool...

Regards.

Seb.

Message was edited by: Sebastien de Wysotzki

Former Member
0 Kudos

and a lot of functionality for Oracle9 and Oracle10 not implemented in sapdba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastien -

Thanks for the response, I'll research this some more. I currently only use it for stats.

Thx,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

specially maintaining database statistics on tables and indexes is one of the strengths of BR*Tools and a weekness of sapdba.

peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sapdba is out of support.

There are further no versions after kernel version 620.

For support of Oracle10 you need at least DBAtools of kernel version 700.

Sorry, but you have to use BRTools. Perhabs BRGui will help you to find an easier way to BRTools.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter -

Just for verification and my understanding, the 620 sapdba tool is compatible with the 640 but not the 70? This is my first 70 kernel, old habits die hard. Thanks for your assistance.

Aloha,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

the 700 kernel is released on Oracle10.

sapdba, br*tools up to 640 are bind very closely to a specific Oracle version per link reference to Oracle Client DLLs which include the version in their name.

with 700 this changed - we can now use the Oracle10 instant client. But this compatibility is vice versa you would need.

It would be possible to use the 700 BR*Tools in 920 based 640 tools.

700 does not longer contain sapdba. Maybe you should have a look at brgui for a better user interface to br*tools

peter