Did you mean: 

JMS Sender adapter not reading the queue

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have configured the following scenario in my SAP PI 7.1 EHP1:

3d Party --> (SAP JMS Queue) --> SAP PI --> (Proxy) --> SAP R/3

The configuration and connection is working fine but the adapter stops reading the queue after it reads few messages ( for example 5 out of 10 sent). After this I have to stop and start the adapter in order to read the queue again. Once restarted the whole queue is read. Even if there are 15 msgs it doesn't stop after reading few. Do you know how can i force the adapter to retry (poll) to read the queue?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is a bug.

please move to SP05 PI 7.11 and try.

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,

do you have the SAP Note that says this is a bug? It would be very useful to show it to the basis team and make them install the SP.

Regards.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not sure of the note but if you see the release notes of SP05, it mentions fixing the JMS adapter issues like broken pipeline error etc which results in the same symptoms as you have mentioned.

we are also facing similar issue and as a workaround we had created a schedule to stop and start the JMS adapters every 2 hrs.

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Shabarish. I'll try your work around and see if the basis team feel like updating the system. If they do and it is fixed i'll tell you.

Thanks again!

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,

the workaround worked fine, but we wanted to try to fix the problem. So, the basis team updated the java and abap stack to SP 06. However, the error is not solved in the new Support Stack. Any other idea of why it is not working?

Regards.

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,

the workaround worked fine, but we wanted to try to fix the problem. So, the basis team updated the java and abap stack to SP 06. However, the error is not solved in the new Support Stack. Any other idea of why it is not working?

Regards.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have still not moved to the higher SP and are still using the workaround. hence i wouldn't be able to confirm if it is working at our end.

If you are still facing issues, i would recommend opening a message with SAP so that a fix can be provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the link - , should help you.

Regards,

Vishal K