cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects suite latest version - 4.5 or 5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I know latest version of xRPM is 5.0. My confusion is -

1.What is the letest version of cProjects suite(cFolders + cProjects). Is it 4.5 or 5.0? Because when we consulted our sales channel they said they have xRPM 5.0 and when we asked cProjects suite version they said it is 5.0. IS this right?

I searched over SAP marketplace.It says 4.5.Could anyone confirm this?

2. Can we deploy cProjects suite 4.5(cFolders and cProjects) and then after a few months deploy xRPM 5.0 to provide a common platform for resource,portfolio and pjt management?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, there are a lot of new developments and feature available in 5.0 compared to cProjects 4.5.

Please see the Release Notes for details:

http://service.sap.com/releasenotes

-> SAP Solutions

-> Release Notes SAP Portfolio and Project Management

Kind regards,

Florian

PS: Please don't forget to award points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see SAP Note 1377104:

"SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0" is the united successor of both "cProjects 4.5" and "SAP RPM 4.5".

Accordingly, there is nothing like "cProjects 5.0" or "SAP RPM 5.0".

The shipped component CPRXRPM 500_702 for "SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0" also contains "cFolders 5.0" (which is unchanged compared to cFolders 4.5 besides bug fixes).

An upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0 can only be done for the whole component at once (not for parts of it).

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

To your questions yes Cprojects that comes as part of the PPM 5.0 does have some minor updates done to the actual cProject 4.5.

regards

N K