cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM with loop and active correlation - New instance not being created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

we're experiencing a major problem in our production system (actually, after we could also reproduce the error in our dev system). We have an OSS open but I also wanted to try it out here.

We have a BPM which collects messages in a loop and finishes it after some pre-defined number of loops. Currently, we've configured this number as 1, because of performance issues, but we need to leave the loop step so this number can be easily reconfigured afterwards.

So, the problem is that the receive step inside the loop also activates (and uses) a correlation. When the 1st message comes, it correctly starts the BPM and activates the correlation. If another one arrives, during the execution of that BPM, the correlation manager does not create a new instance, because that correlation is still active.

In my understanding, it needs somehow to understand if that BPM have (or will have) available receive steps for that message and only in this case it will send the message to that same instance. If not, it needs to create a new one.

I've checked SAP notes 903139. It sounds like it, but it's rather complicated, because it says to implement other 3 notes. 😕 Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and if this note helped, before I go on having all the trouble (not knowing for sure if it will solve the problem).

As for the 2nd note, it kinda says that the problem has no solution, that I need to redefine my correlation or to guarantee that the processing time of messages do not overlap, but that's not an option for us. 😕 Since it's older than the previous one, I'm considering (more like hoping with all my forces) that this issue has been solved and that the first note is the solution for it.

Any help will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Henrique.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved with SP8.

Best regards,

Henrique.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

for collecting scenarios with IDOCs I strictly recommend to apply the latest XI patch.

There are some known issues in previous patches, especially in SP14 and below.

If you cannot patch XI, so you should apply the notes.

Regards

Stefan

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the lack of information,

we are using RFC communication and we are working on SAP NetWeaver PI 7.0 SP6.

From what I could gather from these notes, this seems to be a known problem when using correlation on a BPM with collect pattern; it's not related to the communication protocol at all.

Thanks and regards,

Henrique.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> From what I could gather from these notes, this seems

> to be a known problem when using correlation on a BPM

> with collect pattern; it's not related to the

> communication protocol at all.

Yes, this is a known issue. So I recommend to patch the XI to SP 8 or apply the notes.

Regards

Stefan