cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent PO item from beeing changed after goods receipt or invoice receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Users had the good idea to change the description of the goods to be purchased, after a partial goods entry was already posted. Now they complain that what they get is not what they ordered (...)

Is it possible to prevent a PO item line from beeing changed with ME22N, after e.g. a partial goods receipt has been posted, or the MIRO posting has been done?

Thanks for information!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define Screen Layout at Document Level -

SPRO -> MM -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Define Screen Layout at Document Level

Change field setting for PO transaction codes.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx a lot for your answer. The idea was not bad, but it's not the goal to generally avoid changes on texts with ME22N....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raghavan_iyengar3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kurt,

Standard SAP doesnt restrict you to PO changes when subsequent documents are posted.

You can have a Customer Exit to check in MSEG Table if any subsequent document exists for the PO entered in the PO number field. the exit could be used to check PO if MIRO/ MIGO have been posted or not.

Also define error messages if the documents are posted, user should get error message.

Raghavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can make authorization object and use BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, with the logic if partial GR done change in PO should not be allowed. to check for partial GR you can use table EKBE.

It will not work with field settings at document level coz that will not allow to change PO even if partial GR not done,

Regards

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You have to apply release strategy for po in such a way that when someone try to make changes in po it would be derelase

or block so that no one make changes after partial good recieved.