cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect Old Locks via CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are in the process of configuring our Solution Manager system to report out to HP Open View via the SAP SPI.

I am currently creating our monitor sets in RZ20 and am struggling to find the correct monitor that will alert on locks older than 24 hours.

Is this possible?

I have found the enqueue monitor (SID->Enqueue->Enqueue server) but there does not seem to be a monitor that will perform this check, or it is not clear to me which one it is.

Please could someone provide information on how I might configure this?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Hayward

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

These monitors don't seem to allow me to check how long a lock has been present? I need to check for locks older than 24hours and raise a CCMS alert.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge SAP has never provided a CCMS alert for such behavior.

SAP stopped advising to run the standard job to delete locks after a certian time period, and now you have to do it manually. It clears on a system recycle of the application portion with a parameter set to a customer set time period.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the VERY prompt responce Juan!

Please could you expand a little on how R3EnqueueStatTotLockTime (Total Lock Time) reports and alerts.

i.e. will this monitor flag up a specific lock entry that has been present for longer than 24 hours by default?

If not, how is this monitor re-configured to do so?

When you look at it, it just seems to report a value in seconds..

Thanks,

Dave

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think R3EnqueueStatTotLockTime works in conjuntion with R3EnqueueStatLockTime and R3EnqueueStatLockWaitTime, in anycase you can set up thresholds and alerts via RZ21.

Theres plenty of docs about setting alerts to monitor CCMS MTE's

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may also want to check following link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d9/26a441b8632e7be10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you check MTE R3EnqueueStatTotLockTime ?

Regards

Juan