Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Extension check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We required a check that u2013 if the customer code is not created for

company code-sales area, system should not allow to create Sales Order.

Please advise.

Best Regards

KS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This check is already in standard SAP. When you assign sales area to sales document type and extend a customer to that particular sales area only system will allow only for this sales area. If you have not assign any sales area to sales document type but customer is extended on that sales area or you have assigned sales area to sales document type but customer is not extended to that sales area system will not allow you to process further. This is standard functionality.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you were asking is very well controlled in standard. Better try on yourself and update. To create a sale order for a customer, you should create that customer in a particular sales area

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i am aware of the standard. i will explain the scenario.

It is observed that although the customer is not extende for company

code but is extended for Sales Area then too system is allowing to create Sales Order-

Delivery and Billing. But as the customer code is not extended for

company code, the accounting document is not getting generated after

billing.

We required a check that u2013 if the customer code is not extended for

company code system should not allow to create Sales Order.

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shards,

I think you can use a user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

In that, enter a condition that while saving system will check for Recon Account (KNB1-AKONT) for that customer if it is blank then system will throw an error. since recon account is mandatory field this will ensure customer is extended for Company code data.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mayank

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you to let the Sales order save. you can create a check in copy control routine header level. When User will try to create Delivery order system will check the ship to party if it is not extended system will give error.