cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Security in XI systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys - We have a requirement here for HR interfaces that the data payload should not be visible in any of the components of XI system - Adapter Engine, SXI_Monitor etc. The data flow is as follows - SAP ERP <> Local XI <> global XI <--> HR system.

Please could you let me know if there is anything available out of the box that we can configure to achieve the requirement? or we need to write custom code to encrypt the data?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you are handling sensitive HR data, I would recommend using both transport layer and payload security. Transport layer security can be achieved by means of SSL ( or even SSH! ). For payload security, you can try custom modules for encryption/decryption, but I personally recommend to stick with market standards such like PGP.. Because in my case, most of the vendors to whom i exchange such 'materially sensitive' messages, they prefer PGP encryption, and its again a open and reliable standard.

Regards

Sundar

former_member463616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this, please have a look at into SAP Note: 713508

And see the below link, it might be useful to you.

[Message_level_security|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d024ca8e-e76e-2910-c183-8ea4ba681c51?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope this helps.

Regards,

P.Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achieve this requirement by encrypting playload message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response. Is the encrypting of message available out of the box using some certificates installation? or it requires custom code deployment? Also, can we do the message transformation in XI on the encrypted message?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ac06cf-6ee2-2c10-df98-e17430ca5...

the module is for PI 7.1 but you can tweak it a bit for any lower version also.