cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Filter - filter value not working / not passed to ALV

0 Kudos

Hello,

My ALV is set in a quite nested landscape meaning at least two components and quite some views within views.

When now setting a filter in the filter bar, the entered value is not passed to the ALV. Whereas a filter set in the config menu of the ALV is working. (Also selections are lost with every roundtrip, but that is not the mayor issue.)

I created an event handler for the setting of the filter (event "ON_STD_FUNCTION_AFTE" -> ID "SALV_WD_FILTER_DEFINE") and checked the filter rules using this method: CL_SALV_WD_MODEL_TABLE_UTIL=>IF_SALV_WD_TABLE_UTIL_FIELDS~GET_FILTER_RULES( R_MODEL = LR_ALV_MODEL )

When creating a filter using the bar, no filter rule is recieved by the method. On the other hand, the method yields the rules correctly when they are set using the config menu.

Does anyone know why this happens?? I would very much appreciate your input!

Kind Regards

Robert Schulz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello,

After contacting the SAP support on this issue I have a solution:

If you access one context with 2 ALVs at the same time, issues like the described one arise. This is due to the event handling and so on of the ALVs interfering with each other.

Kind Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Did you find any solution to make filter happen even if 2 ALVs are accessing one context node. I am facing the same problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

@Lekha:

With "config menu" I was referring to the "Settings" dialog of an ALV. There I can provide a filter value using the tab "Filter" and it is applied absolutely correct whereas values entered directly in the "Filter" row are not even passed to the ALV (see first post).

@kissnas:

These links are not about my issue! One is about setting filter values using coding and the other is a totally other topic.

@kranthi kumar:

There is no ALV-implementation in the MODIFYVIEW (not one ALV object is touched there).

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be more clear...Config Menu...

0 Kudos

Hi,

Bumping this up once, maybe now someone has a bright idea?

Thanks & Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Please go through this links..

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

in which method are you setting the alv model?? sometimes for some reasons if you write this is wddomodifyview even though filter link appears it does not work, because every time it gets initialized..

not sure if this is your problem.