cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for non-defined message number on Background Job Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question related to how SAP is showing the message if the message number itself did not defined previously. Let say I have use message number 000 from define message class F0, but the message number does not exists on that message class.

If I run the program manually, the syntax message E000 with text-001 appears on the screen, but if i run the program through background job, I have found different between ECC6 version and previous ECC6 version related to how SAP is showing the message on the log. If I look on previous ECC6 version, job log not showing any message at all but when i compare this with ECC6 version using the same program and background job, it is showing "<Message short text F0 000 does not exists>" on the job log's line.

Does anyone know any related note that showing SAP has changing this?

Thank you,

Charlie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This is the PI (Process Integration) forum. I do not recognise your question. Is this related to PI in any way? If not, can you provide more details as to what SAP applications etc you are using and we will try to route this thread to the correct forum.

Regards

XI/PI Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry if I place this thread in wrong forum. I use SAP ERP 6.0 version, is there any ERP forum on this? Could you direct me to the right forum please?

Thank you,

Charlie