cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details on dependencies of Software components(Sc's)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you explain me indetail what are dependencies and what is the function of each of them:

sap-jee

sap_built

sap_jtech

and sappcui_gp

and what are .sca files, i am totally confused.

one more issue is in my track the above dependencies(sap-jee, sap_built, sap_jtech

and sappcui_gp) are added for ESS Sc's as well as MSS Sc's but only sappcui_gp is marked for developement why is it so?

please clear my doubts, sure points for best answer, thanks inadvance

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me point out the "why are only certain SCs marked as developed" part.

There are SC files which are allowed by customers to modify and there are SCs which are not allowed by customers to modify.

For instance JTECHS/JEE/BUILDT are used to build your software, they are a kind of "libraries" only, necessary for developing J2EE applications, WebDynpro applications, etc, see the note sent in the previous post.

Example:

In case of ESS one requires the following SCs:

- SAP_ESS

- SAPPC_UIGP

---

- SAP_BUILDT

- SAP-JEE

- SAP_JTECHS

The first two comes with sourcecode included, i.e. these you can develop, the rest are only libraries which you cannot alter.

It is easy to figure out which SC is meant for modification, there's a simple trick I can provide you:

- rename the SCA file in question to zip, since SCA is just a zip-like archive.

- Extract it.

- If you can see a folder SOURCEARCHIVES inside it means it is modifiable by you.

- If you can see only BUILDARCHIVES (meaning this SCs is meant for building other software) or DEPLYOARCHIVES (meaning the SC can be deployed) then you cannot use the SC for modification

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Note 1080927 - Creating CMS Tracks for common Application Types

The link below explains why only PCUI_GP is marked as development.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/HowtoreadinformationfromtheteamviewerinWeb+Dynpro

In Summary:

PCUI_GP is the source for all the FPM related DC's and which are basis for most of the ESS/MSS DC's.

The other SC's SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS are required/used by the central build process.

Hope this gives a good start point of understanding the things.

Cheers-

Pramod