cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing .Net Web Service from SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to test a .net based web service from SAP. We've created the web service proxy and defined logical port for the same. But when trying to test the proxy, we get an 'HTTP_ICM_CONNECTION_FAILED'.

The web service runs on an external server (IIS) on port 80. I see that there is an RFC connection automatically created when the logical port was defined. On testing this RFC connection, we are getting the same error.

Do we need to define some sort of trust relationship between these systems? If yes, then please guide.

Thanks,

Vivek Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this question has been answered numerous times, using the search functionality with search terms "HTTP_ICM_CONNECTION_FAILED" would quickly guide you to the solution.

but you might even find a solution by thinking of your scenario. your SAP application server resides on a certain LAN (local! area network'). Your target server resides outside that network. So, what do you usually need in such a situation? Something that helps your app server to connect to the outside world. Now, what is helping your internet explorer behind its corporate firewall to connect to the outside world, e.g. to browse SDN? You might get a clue in your internet explorer's settings -> connections -> LAN connections dialog ....

hope it helps,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw, the last sentence was just using an analogy. don't expect the actual setting in your IE to work on the app server. but the analogy in the app server's LAN will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anton. I am very much new to Web Services and its underlying concepts. While our basis team was looking into the issue, I thought of posting it on SCN.

Thanks once again,

Vivek