cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR transfer to SRM at second level approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

we have classic schenario of SRM 7.0 , we want to transfer PR to SRM before final release from ECC.

can anybody suggest where it is decided that at this particular level of approval PR got transfer to SRM

we have badi ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST implemented to send PR to SRM , but this is happening at final release after all the approvals .

can we trigger this transfer at second level of approval. we have six level of approvals

is it poosible

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not possible ,

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Released Purchase request only can be transfered to SRM by standard rule.

but there are some articles by Rengarajan

transfered external request can be set for approval purpose rather than venturing to cockpit

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu ,

I dint get you , can you forward me the link of those articals

we raised an OSS for this and got reply that its not possible in standard SAP process, so our requirement is to auto approve PR after second level of approoval

means if user at second level approove it then all remaining approovals should get trigger automatically , I tried it using bapi_pr_change , but its not possible by this way.

regards

Akash

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5082a622-7310-2c10-1a9b-ef31dd69a...

Summary

External requisitions from SAP or Non-SAP systems sent to SRM system are created directly in approved status and will be sent to Sourcing cockpit. This document provides the procedure to enable SRM workflow approval for external requisitions (for approval) of external requisitions before sending these requirements into sourcing cockpit.

Author: Prasanna Rangaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu ,

Thanks for the response .

We are on Classic Scenario SRM 7.0.

We do not want any approvals in SRM , we are carrying out Bidding for the PRs created in ECC through SRM. Our Business requirement is as below -

PR is created , will trigger 8 levels of approval /Release depending on the configuration set up.

The level 2 approver will decide whether it is to be transferred to SRM or not. Its a manual decision and we have done development for this and it works fine.

But, by the approval at level 2 itself, system should trigger the XML i. e Transfer PR to SRM.

And the next levels of approval should be blocked.

In SRM, we carry out biddng and quote comparision and after that the level 2 person will initiate the next level of approvals.

My Business wants ,the quotes ,vendors etc when the PR is getting approved by the SCM Heads i.e. Level 3 approver.

Appreciate your response on this.

Regards,

Akash.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash

by using of this BADI ME_REQ_SOURCE_CUST

you can determine either RFx or Shopping cart .

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Why dont yo build you release startegy for PR accordingly such that system determine if it is 2 level or 8 level and releases the PR accordingly.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

In the BADI, we would liek to know whether it checks the release indicator or the coutn of approval levels.

Because , we changed the release indicator to " 1- RFQ " for level 2 and released it,expecte dthat the XML will get triggered but it didnt. When we released the PR completely at all the levels ,then onyl XMl istriggered.

We are not able to control this at the release strategy configuration, becoz there is no parameter (Plant/Pgrp/Porg/Amt group etc ) which determines that this PR is for SRM or not.

Also, my Business hierarchy has to have 6-8 levels of approval applicable for all the PRs. Moreover, the transfer of PRs to SRM is a manual decision that happens by the SCM /Procurment person who is there at level 2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akash

Edited by: Akash on May 9, 2011 9:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

anybody has any idea whethers its possible or not , right now PR get transfer to SRM at final release from ECC . i.e. thru standard XML configuraton , we want it to trigger after second level of approval