Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius with Microsoft SQL Server

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we use Xcelsius 2008 directly on top of SQL Server DB (without using BO QaaWS / LO)? If possible, is there any known issue ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are numerous ways you can achieve this, but I am not aware of direct connection to SQL Server (e.g bypassing QAAWS, Reporting Service, XML Maps, etc). Such feature do not exist in the current Xcelsius 2008.

There were already several forum posts on similar topic, see if they help.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Direct conncetion is possible. In the Data Tab of the excel sheet in Xcelsius, go to Get External Data>From Other Sources>From Sql Server. This way you can connect to SQL Server directly. You could get the data refreshed by clicking "Refresh All" button You could also set the properties to automatcally refresh the data every few minutes.

Regards,

Anju Saseendran

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any document for how to use reporting services in xcelsius ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No...nothing as of now. I had a similar requirement in my previous project and this is how I tried connecting and that was successful.

Regards,

Anju Saseendran

Former Member
arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already checked this blog. need something more....

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any idea where the setup of Xcelsius Reporting Services gateway can be found ???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you've checked out XWIS from Antivia, it directly connects to SQL server or any other JDBC compliant database, and allows you to share queries across dashboards, amongst many other features that will help with developing and maintaining dashboards faster and with less effort.

Website can be found at http://www.antivia.com

Regards, Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anju,

I am doing the same thing what you have suggested Get External Data>From Other Sources>From Sql Server. I am getting the data in the excel sheet and i have selected the feature of updating the sheet every minute, so if there is any change in the database the changes are reflected in the excel sheet but the problem is:::

I am not able to refresh the swf fle whcih is created on top of this excel, could you please suggest the feature which you have used to refresh the dashboard because as far as the data , it is getting refreshed but the dashboard is not getting updated

Thanks

Edited by: vivek123 on Aug 30, 2011 10:44 AM

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

finally i managed to do it using xml data connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Can you please share how you did this?

Because you need to have the result of the query in a special row/column format?

Thanks in advance,

Regards Bart