cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L Account problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

There are 2 tax rates VAT 4% & 12.5 %. For these 2 tax rates, 2 G/L accounts for eg. A & B are maintained respectively.

but, the 12.5% tax rate is getting updated in the G/L of 4 % ie A. (instead of G/L Account B)

The analysis done is:

Both the tax rates are maintained under single condition type & tax code & hence posted to same G/L.

The solution thought over is, configure a new condition type & account key. Insert this in the pricing procedure. connect the account key to the G/L Account B..

Is anything else need to be done?

what more needs to be done?

Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth.G

You can achieve your requirment with

- common Condition type

- common accounting key

- individual GL

- individual Tax Code

To do so

Create 2 Tax code (Tcode FTXP) , say,

- V1 for 4 %

- V2 for 12.5 %

In Tcode OBY40 for your account key

in Rules activate Tax code.

On activating that, it will show Tax code with GL account

Maintain say

___ Tax Code ____ GL Account

___ V1 _________ 14000201

___ V2 _________ 14000202

Therefore, on account determination for TAX values posting system is going follow the above rule.

But, don't forget to maintain your condition record for TAX condition based on TAX code, say,

4% - V1

12.5 % - V2

I hope this can assist you.

Thanks & REgards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP

How to go about with creation of new condition type, new account key?

Rgds

Sumanth.G

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, its not wise decision as:

- There can't be a chance when both will execute at same time for a single item.

- Unnecessarily it will complicate the pricing & account determination.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member207059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

You can create the New Condition Type thro Transaction Code - V/06 and Select New Entries. I suggest you to copy the Same Condition Type which you already have and create the new one. You can also go thro the below menupath:

SPRO - IMG - SALES AND DISTRIBUTION - BASIC FUNCTIONS - PRICING - PRICING CONTROL - DEFINE CONDITION TYPES.

You can create the New Account Key thro following menupath:

SPRO - IMG - SALES AND DISTRIBUTION - BASIC FUNCTIONS - Account Assignment/Costing - Define And Assign Account Keys.

Here, you can define and assign the new Account Key with the New Condition Type.

Pls let me know if you need any further details.

Ravi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by JP, create two tax codes in FTXP and assign the same in OB40 with the two G/Ls required by you.

Finally in VK11, for the tax condition type, maintain a different combination and assign the two tax codes there.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

There is another way. By creating a new condition type for VAT 12.5% & creating a new account key.

Pls guide me step by step, how to go about this method?

ie, without creating tax codes.

Awaiting your reply at the earliest.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you are complicating the standard process. As I said above, it is not necessary to create new Account Keys since the standard Account Keys like JN7 (for VAT) and MWS (for CST) are very well available which you can see in OB40.

All you have to do is create two tax codes in FTXP with the different tax percent and assign these tax codes in VK11.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi