Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing inbound proxy complains XML element missing that is not

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to test an inbound abap proxy using the xml content from PI for a message that has been succesfully processed already via this proxy code.

I import this data in the test tool but when I execute I get an error to say an element is missing (happens to be <SalesOrder> ).

But the XML quite clearly contains a <SalesOrder> element and a corresponding </SalesOrder> tag. It contains exactly one of each in the correct position as it was in the xml monitir in PI.

Anyone cone across this test tool nehaviour and know how to fix it?

Cheers,

Ross G

Edited by: Ross Goodman on May 3, 2011 4:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When an element has an occurrence of 0..1 and it looks like this in the test xml </test>, it is disregarded by the proxy. It is possible to see the </test> in PI monitor but when it reaches the proxy it disappears. I'm not sure if there is already a workaround (except adding spaces).

Hope this helps,

Mark

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The issue here is that the element is very definitely present and visible in the test tools xml with bucket loads of sub elements between the <SalesOrder> and </SalesOrder> tags, and yet the parser complains the <SalesOrder> element is missing !

Ross

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is weird. Can you try regenerating your proxy?

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try one thing.

Instead of taking the xml from PI , just check out if the proxy works with the auto generated xml in test.

If required, could edit the values only.

If it works, then compare both the xml.

Also, try regenerating the proxy.

Regards,

Manjusha