cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman_setup not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

solman 7.0eph1, when im trying to configure solman_setup I am unable to login its simply executing but not getting logged in .

This message is coming up:

No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password

when I m trying to log user with wrong password its giving a reply wrong userid or password

when I m entering correct user id and password its simply executing on the same page

Edited by: letzfriend on May 2, 2011 11:38 PM

Edited by: letzfriend on May 2, 2011 11:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which version of IE are you using? and have you set the profile parameters correctly before you begin Solman_setup?

Regards,

Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasan

IE 8, what profile parameters do I need to setup..?

I have setup icm/full_host.......

login sso accept ticket...

login creat ....

can you help..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had similar problem. Uninstall IE 8, it will automatically restore IE 6..And then try with IE6 i.e executing solman_setup.

And regarding the parameters,

icm/host_name_full =

login/create_sso2_ticket=2

login/accept_sso2_ticket=1

icm/conn_timeout=20000

Regards,

Hasan

Edited by: Hasan Bilali on May 3, 2011 6:09 PM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

For IE 8 you require SAPGUI 7.20, so please ensure this is the version you have installed.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Hasan - Its not working on IE 6 too , same issue

@paul - its sapgui 7.20

what could be the other reason..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Changing the service from Shivjansi's post should solve the issue.

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can maintain HTTPS, rather than turn it off - you can check SAP Note 510007 for more information.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as per SAP security guide this issue get resolved by changing the protocal from HTTPS to HTTP.

Increased security: The HTTPS protocol guarantees secure data transmission at the same level as
modern security standards for RFC/SNC communication and other interfaces. You can change
default settings for services if you do not maintain an HTTPS - connection and you are required
to enter your user and password (message in the logon screen: No Switch to HTTPS occurred,
so it is not secure to send a password):
1. Choose transaction SICF and the according service (/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro).
2. Select tab Error Pages and choose the button Configuration.
3. Change the protocol selection.
4. Save.

Please chect the page number 38 on the below guide

[solution manager security guide|https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718044&_OBJECT=011000358700000370562009E]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shivanji

Unable to find the error pages tab in webdynpro.

solman 7.0 ehp1

Is there any other way to configure the basic and the initial configuration, my goal is to do the configuration of maintenance optimizer, can mopz configuration be done with doing the initial and basic configuration if yes can any one tell me how..?

Edited by: letzfriend on May 4, 2011 7:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please goto the tcode SICF.

there get the services /default_host/sap/public/bc/webdynpro -> click and it opens the property page/

And there you find the tab as "Error Pages" -> go down you get the button "configuration" -> then change the "Protocal selection"

for MOPZ configuration please check the wiki [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/MaintenanceOptimizer|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/MaintenanceOptimizer]

Please check again.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx to all it was Internet explorer version issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know which Browser version have solved your problem.

I have upgraded SM 7.01 to Solman 7.1 and facing the same issue.

When we enter Solman_Setup, it is giving a blank screen and the pop-up which is doing nothing.

Need your expert help...

Thanks and Regards,

Satish Dhanalakoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this issue resolved by downgrading the IE browser?

I have configured my settings per the Solman 7.1 Installation Guide, and also disabled HTTP via SICF. SAP GUI 7.2 is installed on the client I am installing/configuring from. All relevant services have been maintained, but I am still receiving a blank screen.

I am willing to downgrade IE8 to IE6 on my server, but I would rather not unless it is completely necessary.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same issue here.

NEW Install of Solman 7.1, upgraded to SPS03, tried to run solman_setup ... blank screen.

No error messages, just nothing.

Also tried to switch to HTTP ... not working.

Profileparameters are set. Main page of http://<solman>:8000/ is working.

Netweaver Administrator (/nwa) is working, too.

But not the solman_setup. I don't think that this is a IE issue, because my second Solman (7.0ehp1) is working fine.