SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use DME engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a new payment medium I created a new DMEE format tree (Z_Format)

In FICA I created a new payment medium format (Z_Format)

At payment methods I created a payment method.

At define payment methods for payment program I Customized the company to the new payment medium format.

Does anyone know where to customize the DME (DMEE format tree) to the payment method?

In FICO you have a option to do this (Use DME engine).

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to go to the following configuration path for assigning the payment method with the payment medium format for a particular country-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Account Receivable & Payable->Business Transactions->Incoming\Outgoing Payment creation->Define Payment methods.

Select the country and the corresponding payment method and click on display icon.

On the next screen there is field for the assignment of the payment medium format against the payment method.

Moroever, there is another assignment which needs to be done based on the paying company code and payment method,

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Account Receivable & Payable->Business Transactions->Incoming\Outgoing Payment creation->Define Specifications for paying company code.

Select the paying company code and click on firstly the "Payment methods in the company code" folder under the dailog structure..

Then select the "Payment medium formats" folder and assign the new format against the same.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to go to the following configuration path for assigning the payment method with the payment medium format for a particular country-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Account Receivable & Payable->Business Transactions->Incoming\Outgoing Payment creation->Define Payment methods.

Select the country and the corresponding payment method and click on display icon.

On the next screen there is field for the assignment of the payment medium format against the payment method.

Moroever, there is another assignment which needs to be done based on the paying company code and payment method,

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Account Receivable & Payable->Business Transactions->Incoming\Outgoing Payment creation->Define Specifications for paying company code.

Select the paying company code and click on firstly the "Payment methods in the company code" folder under the dailog structure..

Then select the "Payment medium formats" folder and assign the new format against the same.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

sadly the problem isn't solved.

At Program enhancements you can define a payment method format.

Here you define the format but there isn't a link to the DME structure....

0 Kudos

Hi,

I fully agree with your comment, that in program enhancements (T.code -FQP3), you define the payment medium format.

However, no such assignment of the Payment medium happens with the payment method in this transaction.

The assignment only happens in the configuration paths that I have mentioned in my previous post.

First let me know, the problem that you are facing.

I think the DME structure that you are talking about, are the Function modules(FM) that are assigned against each payment medium under "Event Modules for Payment medium Formats".

Once you have created the payment medium in FQP3, you need to assign the FM for for each event under the "Event Modules for Payment medium Formats" folder.

These FM's determine the file header, line item and the footer details of the output file,

There is a standard program, SAPFKPY3, on execution of which, these FM's get triggerred and creates the output file.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Your absolutly right. The function modules create the file. At the moment I've created a custom FM. I'm looking in the FM where and how the payment format is setup.