Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in partner Functions

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

According to my client requirement i have to assign 2 vendor in the Customer master while i am creating the customer master

i added one vendor after again manually i am trying to add another vendor system is not allowed

Because for Commission purpose i am creating the vendor (Brokers)

how to slove the issue how can i add more than one vendor in the customer master

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

Every customer and vendor is identified with a unique code or number which is the general practise.Once you have placed

partner function in the partner determination procedure for the vendor i think it is enough.You can add more than one SH,BP,PY and in your case you can add manually more than one vendor in ths customer master.

I hope it works for you.

Regards,

Ramesh.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

My problem is in Customer master while i am creating the customer master i am getting the error i alreday assigned one vendor and i am trying to add another vendor manually system is not accepted that time i am getting the error like i have mentioned below

I am getting the error like "Partner Function VN already Exists (only Defined Once)"

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnks for Reply,

I solved in the Customer master Issue after that i am getting one more error in Sales order Header Level while i am manually entering the another vendor in sales order screen header level

" Partner Function LF can only occur 1 time in procedure TA (Sales Document header"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

In the partner determination, select your partner determination procedure under which you have added your vendor and check where Not modifiable check box is checked, if that field is checked, it may not allow you to add more than one partner function.

Regards,

Mullairaja

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

I didnt check the field Not Modifiable, is there any settings is requried for MM Module Side also

please guide me bcoz i have done all the settings why system is not taking another vendor in customer master

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do u only want to add two vendors in Customer Master data? or u want to copy both vendors in Sales order processing too?

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

According to my client requirements each customeris having fixed vendors so i have to assign those vendors in the customer master

In Sales order level system will pick only one vendor and another vendor i have to enter manually

but in customer master why system is not taking another vendor

I am getting the error like "Partner Function VN already Exists (only Defined Once)"

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear !!!

i have checked the possibility in System and according to my knowledge you can add two vendors in customer master partner functions but when you create Sales order system automatically copy only one vendor in Sales order partner functions. when you try to add manually another system will not allow you.

How to add two vendors in Customer master is described below.

There is a tick in partner functions in your partner function procedure.

Go to

Sales and Distribution > Master Data > Business Partners > Customers > Customer Hierarchy > Set partner determination for hierarchy categories > Set up partner determination for customer master

Select your partner determination procedure and click on partner functions in left box. Here must be vendor partner and there is a tick indicating the Uniqueness in the master data. click this tick and enter two vendors in one customer master functions.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Mr moazzamjii.

I solved in the Customer master Issue after that i am getting one more error in Sales order Header Level while i am manually entering the another vendor in sales order screen header level

" Partner Function LF can only occur 1 time in procedure TA (Sales Document heade)r"

Please any one guide how to solve that error in sales order level because i can't move to further steps

please i am new to this concept

Edited by: prasanna_sap on May 3, 2011 9:42 AM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

i think you have to go for user exit for this kinda partner determination in sales order

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

can u please tel me the user exit for that issue

and i am thinking it is possible in standard SAP

please guide me

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible in standard but for this you have to add 2 different partner functions for vendor in your partner function procedure. Try this

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply,

In my business scenario one customer having 10 Vendors so in this case i have to create 10 seperate partner functions

I think its not recomended pratice

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right. It should be done by standard or with user exit. Let me c if i could help u out.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr moazzamjii.

Can u please guide the solution as soon as possible becasue i stuck in the sales order creation

So further i can't go bcoz my sales order is incomplete

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As per standard we cannot put multiple value in the same partner function under one Sales Order, either at header level or item level.

But we can put different value under one partner function for each item line.

So say, if you have 3 item line in Sales Order, you can put 3 different value of LF partner function for each of line item.

But in header level partner tab, LF partner function will be blank.

Thanks & Regards

JP

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Mr.J Prakash.

According to my client requirement its should in header level because all vendors r applicable to all materials

So we can't maintain one vendor for one line item and another vendor for another line item

Based on the Total price system has to calculate in header level only because here vedors are fixed for each customer

and we have to maintain the condition record with combination of customer / material / Vendor

system automatically picks condition record

how to map into sap and how to solve that issue

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi every One,

Can any one guide me i have created 3 vendor for one customer and i assigned 3 vendors

at the time of time of creating sales order system is taking header level 1 and remainaing 2 vendors i have to enter manually , i entered 2 vendors.

Can we see the 3 vendors in line itemwise?if yes wht is the solution tell because in my system is not showing , only one vendor is showing item level

how to solve the issue?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can add 2 vendors but in sale order processsing there will be only one in partner functions in sale order