Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent from creating multiple deliveries per sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate your help on the below.,

I do not want the users to create multiple deliveries for a single sales order. They should only be allowed to create one delivery and it can either be a full delivery or a partial delivery.

Is there any possibility in configuration to do this? I checked the customer master configuration, but it is only for sales order line item.. I only need one delivery for the entire order, regardless of whether it included all line items or not.

If the user tries to create a second delivery for the same order, it should ideally give an error message and stop the system from creating the second delivery

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Keshini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hello,

This issue is controlled in customer master data. Check again the customer shipping data.

Select value A or B for the field "Partial delivery per item" (KNVV-KZTLF) and 1 for Max. partial deliveries.

Marian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marian for your feedback.

I tried this again, however it still works only at item level.

Say i have a sales order, with 2 line items with 50 each.

Say i create an delivery for only the first line item for 20, delivery gets created.. It doesnt allow to create the delivery for rest of the 30 on that line item,

However if i try to create a delivery for the second line item, it allows and the delivery gets created.

I only want one single delivery for the entire order.

Thanks,

Keshini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Kesh,

Goto the T code VOV7. Select your item category. In that, under the tab "Business data" you can find a field "Completion rule". In that select the option A which is "Item is completed with the first reference".

I hope it will work.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the 'Complete Delivery' field on the order header (VBAK-AUTLF.)

The field on the customer master is labelled 'Complete Dlivery required by law'. The 'by law' part in the Enlgish screen doesn't make sense - it just mean obligatorty. (The French is more accurate.)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Lakshmipathi mentioned, through standard configuration it is not possible. In t.code VTLA, you need to add additional coding in the existing routine assigned in the field order requirements. You can create a new routine by copying the existing one in t.code VOFM -> Copying requirments->deliveries and assign the new routine in the field order requirements. The new routine should contain the coding of the existing routine and coding to check whether the order has been created with any deliveries before.

Regards,

louie212
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I just tested
Complete Delivery - 'X'
Max.Part.Deliveries - '1'
Part. Dlv.Item - 'A'

and im pretty sure it worked, red hard stop error when i try and create two deliveries on one sales order.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through standard configuration, this is not possible to control. You have to add this logic in your existing routine assigned in VTLA

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member822513
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi !

I want to add the logic in existing routine assigned in VTLA, but first I'm having difficulties in debugging process in VL10B tcode.

When I debug it skips the VTLA routine, How can I debug process after clicking background button to see routine settings in VTLA ?

Thanks beforehand,

Best regards,

Mumin