cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue - WD4A when called from EP returns wrong data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a very strange issue with WD4A. I have created one RFC. WD4A program calls this RFC. When I am executing the RFC using se37 it gives me 10 records. When I am executing the same RFC from WD4A program (Web Dynpro Application -- Right Click -

test) the program is returning 10 records.

I have created one iView in Portal. When I am calling the same program from portal, sometimes it returns 9 records and sometimes 10 records. I just refresh the iview and no of records getting displayed in screen changes.

I have cheked the code many times. The code is perfectly fine.

I have used clear and refresh command in the beginigng of RFC.

What may be wrong? I have wasted my full dayfor resolving the issue. But I could not succeed.

Is it due to some BASIS issue? Is it due to some server session issue?

I have used business graphics in my application. Is it due to this? Whether IGS server and ECC contain different data?

Please suggest

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to check the System configuration in the EP if it is pointing the right system and right client.

You can also set a break point in the WDA and start the application from portal and see what results it returns.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The System configuration in the EP is pointing to the right system and right client. I am using same setting for other Iviews. The other iViews are working fine.

How we can apply break point in WDA. I beliveve I have to meet following requirement:

1) Suppose EP user is 4755. The EP user 4755 is mapped to R/3 user 4755 and R/3 pernr 4755.

2) Backend R/3 user 4755 should have se80

3) Backend R/3 user should have debug access.

The authorization will not provide such accesses for backend user 4755.

Do we have any workaround?

Please help.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to see how EP is configured to access R3 system (User mapping or SSO etc ). To test it effectively, i would suggest that you use a user id which is known in r3 side (dialog user ). Otherwise i do not see how you can debug this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks for your kind reply.

1) EP is configured properly with backend. I am using the same test user for 2 other MSS iViews. For those 2 other MSS iview, record is getting displayed correctly. I am facing difficulty with 3rd MSS iView

2) You mean to say that there should be some R/3 user. The R/3 user should have debug access.Is it correct?

By the way code is working fine in EP Quality system. What can be concluded from this?

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My other worry is about following issue

1) I am cliciking on the link of MSS report. I am getting 10 records

2) After 30 seconds, I am again clicking on the link of MSS report, I am getting 9 records.

I am wondering why system is behaving in this way?

Apart from me, no one else is using the test user.

The ABAP RFC and WDA (Web Dynpro Application -- Right Click -

test) program is always returning 10 records.

Regards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed it is strange behavior , only suggestion i would make is to debug. We can think of several reasons but debug would point you on the right spot. I am not sure how you user mapping is , otherwise you can change temporarily in the SICF service node for your application the logon procedure so that you can debug with a user know in ABAP system.