cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Queues in Client Copy of PI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have stalled PI server with default client 001 for training purpose. I made a client copy, 100 of the original client, 001.

The problem which I am facing now is that when I am trying to send msg through client 100, its not going through.

I tried to look for the problem and I found out that while sending msgs, some inbound and outbound queues are requried in smq1 and smq2, but instead of the msgs being in the queues under client 100, the msgs are getting inside the queues in client 001 and so the msgs are not getting delivered.

So can anyone tell me how to solve this problem or why is this problem coming up?

What is the reason for this problem ?

any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks & regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to designate only one client as the integration server client. Check under SXMB_ADM and remove the 001 client as integration server role. Then register the queues in 100 client using SMQR.

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the help.

I tried all the things suggested by all, but still the problem persists.

Can anyone suggest some other options for the problem or may be atleast suggest what is the reason for the problem.

Thanks & regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

As far as I know based on my exp, u can have only one client in PI. This acts as an Integration Server and all other systems in the landscape (backend sys ex: ecc/crm etc) point to this Integration Server.

There is another client 000 or 001 in PI, which acts as a DDIC client. Developers do not have access to this client and this is a pristine client and should not be touched.

To clarfiy more let me give u an example:

Lets say u have ECC (200,230,240) - 3 clients. DE1

In PI u will have only one client - say 200. DX1

All the 3 clients in ECC will point to one client 200 of PI. This is done via the configuration steps (sldapicust, sm59, sxmb_adm etc. to name a few)

Hence, I hope I clarified why u cannot have more than one client in PI. However, you can have two separate installation of PI in a landscape and thus there will exist two Integration Server (IS). So ECC may point to one IS and CRM may point to another. Also, there is a concept of selecting your IS dynamically. Search SDN and you should learn about dynamic choosing of IS.

Cheers,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you need to check whether program IDs in java stacks are pointing to new client.

And check whether the client value in exchangeProfile are correct.

Regards,

Pinkle