cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent syndication of records without remote key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We had an issue in ECC where the industry sector of existing materials were deleted by an IDOC comming from MDM.

It was found that the industry sector field was mapped in the industry sector remote key, but the remote key in the industries sub table was removed that's why both the XML and the IDOC does not have the industry sector value in it which leads to the deletion of the materials industry sector in ECC.

My question now is how to prevent this in MDM side.

Can we set-up an expression in the syndicator to filter if remote key is missing for the industry sector of a material then no XML file will be generated?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Please note that "Suppress Records Without Key" is already ticked but an XML file is still generated for a material but without the industry sector field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

So you just want to suppress syndication when "Industry_Sector" field is blank?

If yes, then you can simply put a filter in syndication map, Industry_Sector != NULL.

If that doesn't work, you can always write custom expressions in syndication map.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

no, not the Industry Sector field. I mean, if the remote key of the industry sector value is missing then syndication should not happen.

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Are you using IDOC as data transfer between your MDM and SAP Systems ?

we can not control the MDM records syndication based on the remote key value exists are not, but we can do control deleting the values in SAP by setting the Default Text property to " / " in your destination items.

Which means when ever there is no entry in your remote key " / " will be syndicated other wise the remote key value will be syndicated.

In IDOC Processing " / " will not change any existing value in SAP.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards

Sowseel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

but sowseel :

suppose there are values for that field - but no key mappings defined ...

how will syndicator know - that if theres a value for the field but no key mapping defined then it should send a /

i mean : have u tried this case before ?? works ? just curious to know

thanks

-Adrivit

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit

It depends on what you map in mapping section of your syndication map, is it remote key or the field.

If you have an entry in the field industry sector lookup table and no remote key then it will syndicate / other wise the remote key value.

It works at my end.

Mike.

Is industry sector always mandatory in your case? because default text property works this way.

when ever there is a NULL Value for the field which is mapped the default text value will be syndicated.

Regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Have tested this and it works as expected.