cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change sid<adm> password and don't know j2ee password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to login into j2ee....and i don't have the J2ee password. The Basis Guy before me knew the password, and he doesn't remember it anymore.

I'm trying to reset the password using SAP Note: 669848.

for this, i need to login as <sid>adm....i don't have password for that too. now is there any way to reset one or another or both?

Regards,

Tejasav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejasav!

Well, passwords are generally set so that you secure your system preventing anyone that does not know the password to log on with its corresponding user.

However, you can log on using another user and its password. But in your case it seems that you don't have any administrator user in the J2EE engine apart from the Administrator default user. Then, you can reset the password of the Administrator or j2ee superuser for the J2EE engine as you know, by following the procedure of note 669848. Now the problem is in the OS level...

Regarding the OS user sidadm, and from a technical point of view, the correct way to do that is to set a new password with an administrator (a local administrator if it is a local user, a domain administrator if you need to change it into the domain controller). In case that you do not have any administrator user, and assuming that you are the system administrator, you can use hacking techniques for desperate situations, e.g. if the user is a local user, you could find a large collection of programs that reboot the system, load a different operating system and rewrite the SAM file (a file that stores a kind of hash of the passwords). If the user is domain, I hope that you have the domain password, or know somebody that has it! Otherwise you would need to recover your domain administrator first.

I hope that this information gives you some tracks, and also insight on why physical access should be restricted on your servers.

Cheers!

--Jesús Garcia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

thanks to your replies, i've reset the sidadm password. but then i got to know that it was just the beginning.

now, i clicked on go.bat file at the path: usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS01\j2ee\JSPM...i found out that java_home variable was not set. then i set the variable.

on running the go.bat later, JSPM Gui started and asked for SDM password. yeah, i got stuck again....

i did some research on this and got a process in which i need to go to SDM director, and there is NO sdm directory. how is that possible?

Please help and let me know what i need to do next

Regards,

Tejasav

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDM is removed in release 710 and 711, and SDM directory doesn't even exist any more.

So you have to use JSPM for deployement.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohit,

I'm working on Solution Manager Release 700 ehp1. does your statement hold for this release too?

Regards,

Tejasav

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, You can change sidadm password.

Check if sidadm is local/domain user. the user is only used to run oscol service, same has to be updated after password change.

For changing the j2ee admin password you need to activate sap* user

Refer: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Rajneesh