Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System to decide whether create a purchase requisition or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem.

I have an SD order and a material in there. By saving the document i want the system to check (in the background) whether the material is on stock.

If yes, there is stock, nothing special should happen and a delivery could be created from the sales order by somebody

If the material is not on stock, the system should automatically create a purchase requisition.

So I need the system to decide whether to create a purchase requisition or not, based on the availability check of the sales order.

I know that there are schedule line categories.

In the customizing of the schedule line categories it seems i have to check 'Availability' there so that the transfer of requirements is switched on

But if i do that, i cannot provide details about the purchase requisiton to be created inside the schedule line categories (i want to provide in the field 'order type' e.g. 'NB')

If i fill out the field order type, i get an error message from the system:

'Availability/requirements check not possible for external procurement'

So i could do it vice versa and fill out the field 'order type' for the purchase requisition. But then i cannot switch on the transfer of requirement (checkbox 'Availability').

If i would do the latter, it would mean that the system is always creating a purchase requisition without checking the availability and without a transfer of requirements. But i want the system to decide (not me) whether to create a purchase req. or not.

Can somebody advice?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

0 Kudos

What solution you have implemented for your requirements, I also have same requirement where client do not want to change existing SD-PR-PO or STO process but still wants to have ATP check at STO level.

Let me know what you have done.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

If you look at your business requirement from a bit different angle, it can be rephrased as this:

1- create sales order with ATP. If stock exists, then confirmed by ATP check. This is standard.

2- else if there's no stock, ATP will not confirm. Save the SO without ATP confirmation. Requirements are transferred (in any case).

3- run MRP (can be done in the background automatically). If there are uncovered requirements (need to choose a proper planning strategy, like 40 for MTS), system will create purchase requisitions.

4- run a rescheduling run of SOs in the background (maybe automatically once a day), to confirm existing unconfirmed orders when new stock is comming in from purchasing, or based on purchase requisitions/orders if it makes business sense.

What do you think?

Rgards,

Mario

Answers (0)