cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Management in cFolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using cFolders for external collaboration i.,e suppliers access cFolders over ibnternet.So ,our user base is 50% company employees and 50% external employees i.e, suppliers

In this case,ho do we manage users? Do we need to create all users in SAP HR(maintain organizational data and external employees) and then link HR with cFolders or is there any better way to handle my mixed profile of users

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For cFolders you can maintain your user directly in the cFolders system. Is there any reason you want connect HR? Typically cFolders system is outside the firewall and users are managed directly on the system, be it internal or external.

Hope that helps.

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.Then how do you explain the way roles in cFolders are managed for the users?

You mean to say for a supplier X who will accessing cFolders over internet,directly create his id in cFolders and then assign in SAP R/3 his username to the Role SAP_CFX_USER to ensure that he gets necessay authorization.Is this correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

In cFolders you have 2 ways to create the users.

1. User can be created from backend, i.e. by the BASIS team. This is typically used when u have Central User Administration active. Here the cFolder Administrator cannot create the User on the frontend.

However, all purely cFolders-specific user data can still be changed in cFolders even if Central User Administration is active.

2. User can be created on the frontend. For this the user who creates the user id's should have the authorisation to create user. He should have the role: SAP_CFX_USER_ADMINISTRATOR.

The External user id is given only roles limited to cFolders. So that id cannot be used for SAP R/3.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.