Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on reversing customer organisational level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i am working for a company on a project and discovered that years ago somebody added to their the organisational levels on their development-system. They did not make/transport this change on any of the test or production systems so now whenever they transport a role with this field they get a warning and have to regenerate the role. This is very annoying.

What is the best way to reverse this and does this have a great effect on the roles which already have this field ? Do these have to be regenerated and re-transported again across the landscape ?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

2 REPLIES 2

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 possibilities:

1. delete the org.level field definition again in your DEV

2. create the org.level field defintiion in QAS/PRD/....

How to? -->SAP note 323817.

Option 1 has the advantage, that you do not have to touch your roles in QAS/PRD/....

The report provides you all affected roles .

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thom,

In my past experience, ORG Delete went smooth in a couple of clients with small, uptodate landscapes..Not sure which versions you are on but you migth want to check Note 724896 - An error occurs when you delete org level definitions which proved handy in one of the situations we faced during deletion.

Most of the times all issuess from Org deletion were resolved by SU24, Regenartion and transports.....So in short we never hand reall heartbreakers to deal with and the worst case scenarios can be dealt with reimports with an hour to PRD. (I dont think you need this option as 1 looks to be a better one in your case as suggested by Bernhard).

Good Luck,

Sri