cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deadline configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SRM 7.0 and have a requirment where in once the SC is with the approver we have to send a deadline notification after 5 days and have to keep sending it until he approves. Please can you suggest me how to get it implemented. I have idea to do in 5.0 but here i am unsure.

Need to know how to set the deadline time as 5 working days and how to implement the loop so that the mail triggers every 5 days until approval happens. can you give me a demo or steps to configure it.

regards

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood you requirement properly, Here what you need to do..

Step 1 : Configure the Dead Line for Business Object BUS2121 (Under Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Event and Event Schema for Alert management)

Step 2 (Optional) : If you want to calculate your dead line according to some business scenarios or through any Z-tables you may need to use BADI :/SAPSRM/BD_WF_DEADLINES

Dead Line Mechanism : Before we go to step three let discuss about deadline mechanism in SRM 7.0

According to configuration the control will change the normal work Item to Dead attained work Item, means if a normal work Item turned to dead line attained work item, we can able to see that particular work item under Deadline Messages folder in SAP SRM Inbox.

Step 3: We need to develop a report to send consequence emails to Work Item owner at some frequency (Which is not available in standards)..

Details About Report Program : Depends up on how you need your remainder email, for example if youu2019re looking for something like offline approval type then, you need to create HTML embedded report program..

This program needs to scheduled as background job which will reads all the deadline attained work item and send out notification at regular frequency (Based on your business requirement)..

Thanks!!

Bharath

former_member578547
Participant
0 Kudos

One more addition.

Point 1 : Configure the Dead Line for Business Object BUS2121 (Under Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Event and Event Schema for Alert management)

Result : This will trigger only once.

Point 2 (Optional) : If you want to calculate your dead line according to some business scenarios or through any Z-tables you may need to use BADI :/SAPSRM/BD_WF_DEADLINES

Result : This will trigger only once.

If you create a report , it consider your logic.

Just check.

Balaji.T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the replies , but what i understand is that with the configuration or the BADI we can only trigger the workflow once when the deadline reaches , but not recursively .

so isnt there a way in config or somehere where we can do it recursively until the task is accomplished.

appreciate your response.

regards

C S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you have to develop a custom program to send the deadline notification every 5 days until the approver take the decision.. i have done the similar requirement in one of my customer..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Sarvanan , u r the champ!!!!! given u full points

answered

former_member131833
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I have a similar requiement. Can you share the report code so that I can refer it?

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am going to prepare a blog for this requirement..i can see the same query post by most of our SRM members.. i'll update this thread once i post the blog.

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan & Experts.

Thanks for reply, we have the same requirement, did you done the SDN Blog for this?, we are checking for both repetitive alerts and notifications, your high level idea will be highly helpful.

Here is the approach we are following for Notifications,

1. We need to develop custom report, which needs to be schedule as back ground job.

2. It must have selection screen similar to RSWUWFML2, additionally, Number of days of intervel,

3. The change in the program is like we need to fetch all Task's in ready Status, and find the start date for each task.

- Start date of the Task is 08.02.2011, and the date of execution is 08.08.2011.

- Find the difference between these two dates, and divide that by Number of days of intervel (say 5 days).

- Divide the time difference with intervel, if it is integer then we need to send email otherwise no.

- In above example, the time difference is 6 and interval of notification is 5, 6 / 5 = 1.2 hence no notification.

- Start date is identified say 08.02.2011, and the date of execution is 08.12.2011 or 08.07.2011 or 08.17.2011 u2026.. 08.22.2011

- Then the time difference divded by intervel when it is integer then we need to send notification.

How to handle repetitive alrets? Thanks for help.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer the below thread..

Saravanan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of these events should be enough to configure this:

WF_APPR_LATEST_END

WF_APPR_LATEST_START

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Sarvanan and Ricardo ,

I will try and get back to you.

former_member578547
Participant
0 Kudos

In SRM 7.0 Process controlled worklfow, you can trigger deadline mail once with below configuration.

SRM Server---cross applicaiton basic settings ---Event and Event schema for Alert management..

Please configure and let me know..

One more thing..If you require every day, you can create a report which sends email daily upto Approver responds..

Balaji.T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replying Balaji,

We can configure the deadline for the events , i agree, but also we have a BADI definition /SAPSRM/BD_WF_DEADINES to configure it , how is it useful? do we need to know configure as well as implement the BADI.

I am not clear about the report you are talking for sending recursive mails , how will that be linked to the action of the approver?

please can you explain .

thanks

C S Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to send an email every 5 days once, then the configuration is enough.. the Badi is given to you ,If you want to define different rules for calculating deadlines, implement the BAdI .

Saravanan