cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consume .net webservices through soamanager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to consume a .net webservice through soamanger ,can any 1 please help me with some screen shots .

Regards,

Hajeera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hajeera,

Here are the key steps:-

1) You have the get the DOT NET WSDL file from the interface team or they need to open the port from their webserver to access the WSDL through URL.

2) Then you need to generate the Service Consumer proxy from SE80 for the DOT NET WSDL.

3) Step 2 proxy generation will create a ABAP proxy class object with couple of methods.

4) You can consume the webservice by calling the method from your Code.

That's it.

Let me know if you ahve any questions.

Thanks,

Greetson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greetson,

i do have some queries on that ,

1>wat are all things i need to ask the .net team to consume the webservice ,

is it wsdl,url(.net system),function name.

2>can u please send some screen shots step wise ,

i do have some screen shots for this but i donno the order of execution.its all jus confusing me even more.

thnks again for ur early reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hajira,

You should ask the .Net team for the WSDL (as a file) for their webservice - or-

the URL that points to their WSDL. The WSDL should contain everything you need (e.g. parameters & their respective data types & methods), you can then use either (WSDL as a file or URL to the WSDL) to generate a consumer proxy on SAP.

What you should actually do is search for user guides on SDN detailing how to consume web services in SAP.

Once you have a few of those guides (there are many here), you can go through them step-by-step (with screen shots) & then revert back to the forums for specific things that are still creating confusion.

Best Regards, Trevor

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on May 3, 2011 10:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

you don't need screenshots to consume a webservice.

just go to SE80 ->Enterprise Service -> Create -> Service Consumer -> ...

if that is too difficult you should read the good documentation on creating a service consumer in help.sap.com (search term 'service consumer').

if that is still to difficult for you to understand, find yourself an ABAP programmer.

hope it helps,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anton,

that is where i am stuck i mean once i click on create that is not showing me a screen where i can choose that option ,insted it is going to the next step ie choose http/url or file like that

Regards,

Hajeera

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also can any correct on the following steps to consume a webservice .

1>get the wsdl file/url from the client.

2>create proxy class for that wsdl

3>create logical port through soamanager.

4>consume the webservice.

Regards,

hajeera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hajira,

You can't see the pop-up window with the 'Service Provider' or 'Service Consumer' options? That's the one that appears before you get to the URL/file prompt.

Otherwise your steps look fine, some example screen shots can also be seen here:

[http://sapignite.com/consuming-a-web-service-in-abap/]

Best Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tht's the problem i mean ,once i click on create ->enterprise its direct jumping to the screen of choosing url/http and i am not able to c the previous screen at all(ie choosing the service consumer option) ,can this be related to some version issue i mean if you use a older version os sap or do i have to do any activation of services before choosing create ->enterprise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't seen this behaviour before. I don't suspect that it's version erlated either, the web service wizard functionality has been available in SAP for a while now.

Maybe start with creating a new package for your development changes & then try generating your service consumer in that package or please solicit some advice from an Abap developer as previously suggested, that person could probably asist you better with a step that you might be missing.

Best Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can any one tell me To consume a dot net web service do we hav to create same kind of webservice in sap.early reply is higly appreciated.

Regards,

Hajeera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am able to create a webservice successfully to be consumed by dot NET application and also i am trying to consume my SAP webservice application in sap (configuration done through SOAMANAGER) while running my proxy class i am getting follwing error SoapFaultCode:1 SRT: Authorization denied|CX_SOAP_CORE:SRT: Authorization denied.

Regards,

Hajeera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hajeera,

Please try a Google search for the error your're getting. You'll see that this has been asked and answered many times.

It's imperative (code of conduct on SDN) that newbies exhaust possible search avenues for a possible answer before posting a question, otherwise other members will be hesittant to provide assistance.

You also need to post different questions in a new thread.

I've now locked this thread.

Regards, Trevor

Edited by: Trevor Naidoo on May 20, 2011 8:34 AM