cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM Period opening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do I need to close the previous period for opening new period.

1. Currently I have a situation where we require both the periods to be opened at a same time. for example, our account closing of Fin Year 2011 has not yet closed due to posting of some inventory items. We are now in the process of adjusting these inventory items by posting them in the month of March and April.

So if I will open May period today, it will automatically close the March period. Which is incorrect in my case. And few GRs for May (1st and 2nd May ) also needs to be done.

Thus , Can I keep March, April and May periods open at a same time.

2. in MMPV, there is a option of " Check peiod only". It indicates similar thing. Can anyone guide on this.

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

This is never possible you can keep 2 periods open at a time.So generally u can kepp current ans last period open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine. Agrree. 3 periods can't be open.

Then what is the solution for qun no 2.

In MMPV, there is a option of " Check peiod only". It indicates similar thing. Can anyone guide on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Indicator: Check period only

With this option, the period is not closed. The system checks only whether the preconditions exist for closing the period successfully.

Use

You can run the period closing program, for example, as follows:

One or more days before the change in period with the option Check period only

On the day of the change in period with the option Close period only

Compared with the option Check and close period, this reduces the runtime by approximately 50% in each case.

Running the program with the option Check period only does not lock any materials; that is, you can use this option during productive operation.

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

With the option check period only period is not closed.Ideally this option is to be run one or more days before the changing the period.

Running the program with the option Check period only does not lock any materials; that is, you can use this option during productive operation.

Compared with the option Check and close period, this reduces the runtime by approximately 50% in each case.

Hope the matter is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have already read teh Standard SAP help for the " Check Only" option.

I guess, the above 2 replies are just copy paste of that.

My problem is, I am not even understanding the " Std SAP help text" as well.

Need some explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ans for Q1: Only 2 MM Posting Periods can be opened in SAP. If want to posting the adjustments can be done with the help of Special Periods .

Ans for Q2: Check only option is used to check the prerequisites / Preconditions to close the period - like rough run . Its check your entry is correct period and it can able to close it ..

Once the MM period is closed its cant able to open again in standard way. So this option is used make sure the period can be closed or not .

Regards

Anand

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

Ideally u have to close the current period and open the next perio.Say ur current period is 1.

But with check period system will only check the current period it will not close the current priod 1 and open next period 2.

The situation will remain as it is.

If required u can try this option on ur DEV or QAC server.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assumed Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MM you can open only two back month posting not 3.

Once you close posting period of march & you want to posting for same month then its possible for only one day by MMPI

transaction code.

Regards

Rakesh

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to keep open 3 periods in MM, you can keep open 2 periods only in MM.