cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Determination step in BPM along with acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planing to implement an idoc to soap scenario .

There are 2 receiver systems, A and B.

The Idoc needs to be sent to either System A or System B based on the value of one of the fields in Idoc . Once the Idoc is sent to the receiver system ,the receiver system will be sending an acknowledgement back to the PI system. We are using BPM for this purpose.

So,we need help in the receiver Determination step of the BPM and how to configure the acknowledgement back to the PI system

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
So,we need help in the receiver Determination step of the BPM and how to configure the acknowledgement back to the 
PI system

I have seen the use of Receiver Determination step inside a BPM in case when you want to send multiple messages to one target system and then keep on receiving the response messages.

In your case can you not use the Switch Block to help you decide the subsequent steps (once you know the value in the field from IDOC which tells you the receiver)....then in the corresponding branch of the Switch include Send and receive step. If you provide more details on what your BPM is expected to do then somebody can help you with the design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

My requirement is 1 IDOC need be sent to the receiver based on source IDOC field value ,(eg. I have 2 receivers, A and B.)

If IDOC is sent source field with A , msg needs to be sent to receiver, A system and need to capture a response back to PI .

So could u please let me know how to determine the receivers based on the source field.

Please elaborate on the steps in BPM.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at your requirement I think you do not need a BPM....what are you going to do after you receive the ACK message back from System A/ B....if you have to just pass the same to source SAP system then you do not need a BPM.

You will have two ASYNC scenarios:

Source_SAP_System --> In receiver determination select which receiver system (A/ B) should get the message....based on source IDOC field --> Target_SAP_System.

ACK from Target_SAP_System --> PI --> Source system ....configuration to be maitained for both System A & B.

If you need to process the ACK further within PI itself and then carry out some extra processing then may be you will need a BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my requirement I need to use BPM, because I need to capture the response from the receiver system back to the PI.

So, could u help with the steps in BPM .

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Answers (0)