Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification issue

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

process here is whenever Vendor sends invoice without purchase order mentioned, a notification is sent to vendor with a text.

now I would like to know what are different ways you can send mail to vendor, as to my knowledge you could do it thru

a) Workflow b) Functional settings.

The problem here is the mail is sent and in FROM section of mail it shows the sender's name, business doesnt want that user name in FROM, instead they want [noreply].

So first thing I want to know is how is this mail sent.

Second thing how I can restrict the username displayed in FROM section of email.

Thanks,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You have rightly mentioned that workflows can be used for sending emails.

1. If you want to send email to vendor / (s) you can have 2 options. Either use quality notification functionality or use follow up actions associated with UD codes.

2. Both of these functionality use function modules. Have a look on standard FMs.

3. You can modify these modules with ABAP help, as per your need in order to capture the required details. You may use the field of email address in vendor master to identify to whom mail has to be sent.

4. Importantly you need to verify from a basis consultant that required connections for sending emails outside SAP have been configured.

Regarding senderu2019s ID, I am not sure but explore this if fits your requirement. I think it depends on the field from where system is picking senderu2019s email ID. If you are utilizing email filed under Maintain User in SU01, change that id to fictitious e.g. noreply so that vendor (receiver) cannot reply. You may incorporate the text note at the end of mail as This is system generated mail and do not reply through hard coding in ABAP.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (0)