Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation with Predecessor

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a project from one of the namespace in my Development Configuration.

After editing and checking in, I want to activate the code. During activation I can see a number of predecessor activities (created by earlier developers, who have left the project) and am not sure what impact it will bring if activate the object with option "activate with predecessors activities".

Can you please tell me should I go ahead and activate all the predecessor activities as well? (I tried it once and its throwing error, and I don't want to use the check box build with error)

Is there a way to delete the earlier version/activities for this object?

Please suggest.

Regards

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

You should activate with all predecessors, otherwise your changes depending on changes in these activities will probably fail during CBS-build.

If you did activate with all predecessors and the build failed (as you stated), make sure you synchronized all the latest changes in your workspace and the local NWDS build completed without errors, before activating your activity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Alain.

Finally I activated the workflow and have deployed it.

Now I realized that the track which I used for development was incorrect track (as it soon will be deleted). Is it possible to move the updated object from current track (incorrect one) to the correct track?

Regards

Suraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved by activating the predecessor activities. and by resolving conflicts