cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we edit Masthead in CE 7.1 ..?? how ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

Please let me know where and how to download and edit/customize Masthead in CE 7.1.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The location of Masthead from EP to CE is different. You can find masthead file com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead from location \usr\sap\<SID>\J<instance number>\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead

and in that application a .war file is available.

Import into NWDS and make changes to the JSP files and deploy it again to the server.( or ) Change the extension from .war to .par and deployed from System admin -> support -> portal runtime ->Archives upload.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Where could we find the current deployed war and image files. So that I can replace the required files with the less effort. Because I dont want to customize the entire page, instead just want to replace an image. example, instead of SAP logo gonna replace my own logo.

I hope any changes made in the war files will be effective only after the deployment. I dont need that. I want to make change with out any deployment. Again is the only file content change not any other code related changes.

Please suggest.

Also am not able to import the web module tcsecumelogonui.war into the NWDS.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh A

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Without deployment your changes cannot reflect to the CE portal. You must deploy the .war file.

If u want to change masthead logo, branding image then we can do that from System administration -> portal themes

Here it is not necessary to go for .par file customization.

Changing look & feel is common for EP & CE. Please go for the below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-efp#section2

Regards,

Pradeep

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response, really very helpful. Also I would like to change the SAP logo in the portal. So in which war file I can find and replace the SAP logo one displayed in the right hand side of the portal home screen.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh A