cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release timeframe for the next .net connector version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know roughly when the next version of the .net connector will be released, and whether it will fully support Visual Studio 2005? I am aware of the workaround for using the .net connector with VS 2005, but am interested in knowning when full support will be provided in VS 2005. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After not getting any replies I opened a customer message with SAP on this, and got the following reply. There does not appear to be any firm data as to when a Visual Studio 2005 compatible version of the .NET connector will be released.

-

Currently, the SAP .NET Connector is not supported on Visual Studio 2005. We are now focusing on SAP Enterprise Service Architecture(ESA), which is the successor technology of RFC-based connectors. SAP plans

next year to provide a tool specially designed for the .NET environment that will integrate into VS 2005. At this moment there is the workaround for using VS2003 to generate components (note 943349). But sorry moment we have no information about the timeframe. We will

update the info webpage of our connector as soon as possible when more information is available. Thanks for your understanding!

-

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I found a Add-In for Visual Studio 2005 at <a href="http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SAP_Connector.asp">SAP Connector for VS 2005</a>

Regards,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

Thanks -- I wasn't aware of this product. Its good to know that there is another option.

Regards,

Brian