Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP SENDER - test in soapui

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have SOAP sender.

my user has created a wsdl and provided this to me. I have uploaded this in ESR and done a SOAP - PI - abap PROXY scenario

To test this scenario, should I download the sender agreement and consume within SOAPUI and proceed the testing. Kindly let me know if I am missing somethin. Will the target url would be present already in the wsdl that is provided by the user to me ?

How should I go ahead with the testing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>To test this scenario, should I download the sender agreement and consume within SOAPUI and proceed the testing. Kindly let me know if I am missing somethin. Will the target url would be present already in the wsdl that is provided by the user to me ?

Are u using soap sender or soap receiver? Brief information about SOAP Sender and SOAP receiver.

SOAP Sender: You need to create WSDL from the sender agreement and pass it to external system to use your webservice using soap sender. Here you host the webservice

SOAP Reciever: Here you are not hosting the webservice. You are just consuming the external system webservice. So in this case only you have to import WSDL in the ESR and use the target message as WSDL message. Also in the soap receiver you have to configure the external system's web service parameters such as Target WSDL URL and SOAP action.

If you are using SOAP Sender easiest way to test is, Use the created WSDL in the SOAPUI and test as that of external system.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we are using soap receiver, how can we test it?

Thanks.

former_member366655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To test the SOAP Receiver , use some external tool line SOAPUI Tool. Create a new project for the WSDL Provided to you by the Receiver System(Client). Just provide the dummy values in the fields and provide the appropriate credentials. If the Target Location is provided as Local Host , you can replace it with the Target URL provided.

Thanks ,

Vivek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
my user has created a wsdl and provided this to me. I have uploaded this in ESR and done a SOAP - PI - abap PROXY 
scenario

why do you need to import a WSDL in PI for a Sender SOAP scenario? You should create a WSDL from PI and then provide it to the source system to send message to PI.....you use a externally provided URL in PI when the scenario is SOAP receiver (like PROXY --> PI -> SOAP).

You can use the below format to create the PI URL and then use it in the SOAP UI to send message to PI:

http://<hostname:port>/sap/xi/adapter_plain?&namespace=<namespace&interface=<message_interface>&serv...

You can also refer to the SAP SOAP FAQ note to check the URL format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the wsdl that the user provided most probably does not contain the url.

if you get the wsdl from the sender agreement it should work well in soap-ui otherwise check this link [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm]