cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have more than one datasource in a DF project?

joseph_gonzales
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DF friends:

There is this caution in a blog Creating a SAP Netweaver BW datasource in Data Federator Designer:

Catalog Content

To execute well Data Federator strategy during step "Creating SAP BW relational universe", you should not have more than one datasource in your project. If more than one datasource is in catalog /<PROJECT_NAME>/sources, some objects can be missed in Business View of Universe Designer.

I have over 10 DSOs I was planning to use in a Relational Universe.

After I read this blog caution that you can have only one data sources in a project,

I'm not sure as to have to proceed.

Any comments or guidance on how to more than 10 DSO in a Relational Universe would greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe Gonzales

856 912 1136

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share the link where you read.

I am using multiple data source in the one DF project and that is working fine.

What is your exact requirement like your need to just populating the DSO in the DF project and you are going to be join tables in the universe level. Or you are going to merge data in the single target table in the DF level.

Thanks,

Amit

joseph_gonzales
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for the response.

This is the link to the blog that has this caution, it is at the end, between point 13 and 14.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CreatingaSAPNetWeaverBWdatasourceinDataFederator+Designer

Please look at the link, and please let me know what it is I do not understand.

Thanks and Regards,

Joe Gonzales

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the below statement it is saying some objects can be missed from the catalog/sources.So you can do one thing create multiple source in the single project then create required target tables in the project and deployed. As in the Universe designer when you insert tables there are two sources to insert tables from one project.

one is Catalog Name/Sources

second is Catalog name only (Under the catalog name you can see the target tables).

To execute well Data Federator strategy during step "Creating SAP BW relational universe", you should not have more than one datasource in your project. If more than one datasource is in catalog /<PROJECT_NAME>/sources, some objects can be missed in Business View of Universe Designer.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit, your understanding is perfect !

I am the author of the caution.

Answers (0)