cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how we can monitor while import request in production system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

will you please explain me

how we can monitor while import request in production system?

and

what are the things we have to monitor during the transport?

thanks

regards

zaheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the current status of import in the option:

STMS_IMPORT-> GOTO-> IMPORT MONITOR

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

You can also monitor transport request progress using STMS, where you can select the transport request which are in progress and select "Logs" button. On this screen you can see the progress by pressing refresh button on screen.

Regards,

Pinkle

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zaheer ,

I would always recommend to check that you have the latest transport tools, tp and R3trans in use in the system to avoid import errors.

Check with

tp -v

R3trans -v

if either are more than around 4 months old, I would strongly recommend to download the latest for your release from the SAP service marketplace. This avoids needlesly encountering issues that have been resolved in more recent patch lebels of these tools.

During the import, it is important to check the contents of the directories

usr/sap/trans/tmp

and

usr/sap/trans/log

that they are being continously updated which shows import is progressing.

Most important, keep checking the latest entries in the alog, uloag and slog to see which phases and trasnports are currently being imported.

If a transport fails, check these logs and the latest ones updated in usr/sap/trans/log for further details on the failure.

If there is an error please NEVER manual run any commands wihtout contacting SAP and having them analyse the issue.

When opening a message, be sure to include the latest alog, ulog and slog, along with the last few files most recently updated in usr/sap/trans/log and if possibel open an R3 connection to the import system.

Best regards,

Paul