Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of moving TR from Quality to Production

former_member1292715
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are in a process of moving TR from Quality to Production. While moving we faced transport incositencies like some old requests have been overwritten into the new one and dependant objects were failed during import in PRD. Now production rehearsal client is kind of messed up. what is the right procedure to transport the requests from Quality to Production. (actually we transferred the TR individually based on the list send by the respectivr module owners). Please help me to findout the solution for this issue.

regards,

Yasin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This situation comes every now & then when you don't have any client strategy define in your landscape I'm not blaming you but for your Project Manager and then rest of the team adopt SAP standard practice if you really want things to go well act NOW..!! here is the basic to start:

Ex,

DEV ::

100 => Golden Client

200 => Customizing Client

300 => Test Client

Things to check before importing request in QAS :

1) Always get the request in sequence format ask the owner of the request for the sequence to avoid dependency issues

2) Technical Specification doc - this doc will be prepare by Functional / Developer on what changes are included in TR

QAS::

400 => Quality Client

Things to check before importing request in PRD :

1) User acceptance doc i.e UAT - client / customer will check the functionality if it's on then move this to PRD

2) Get the request in sequence format

3) Approval for production transport

PRD::

500 => Production Client

Thanks,

Saleem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

This being a very basic question I hope you need to work with your development team on dependancies.

Regards

Vivek

Edited by: vivekwali on Apr 30, 2011 11:26 PM