Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Import Java Dump during installation on MSCS

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing the following the error during ECC 6 dual stack installation on MSCS.

PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

Apr 29, 2011 5:40:30 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload logStackTrace

SEVERE: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:255)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:395)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:441)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:166)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:522)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:276)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connectViaSecureStore(DBConnection.java:105)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connect(DBConnection.java:149)

at com.sap.inst.jload.Jload.main(Jload.java:580)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

I have successfully installed ASCS,SCS, and configured 1st MSCS node.

While installaing DB instance on 1st node SAPINST did not allow the physical host name of the node and gave the error oracle was not installed,install oracle before continuing so went ahead with the virtual hostname.I had faced oracle connectivity issues during import ABAP ,I changed the added the physical host name in listener.ora and continued.But durig the import java dump phase I guess the physical host name in expected in secure store key file.I can't edit the secure store file as config tool is not installed yet in the system.Please suggest me solutions and guide me whether I am going in the right direction.

Regards,

Dinakar

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Apr 30, 2011 10:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member319296
Participant
0 Kudos

I have successfully installed ASCS,SCS, and configured 1st MSCS node.

While installing DB instance on 1st node SAPINST did not allow the physical host name of the node and gave the error oracle was not installed,install oracle before continuing so went ahead with the virtual hostname.I had faced oracle connectivity issues during import ABAP ,I changed the added the physical host name in listener.ora and continued

The SAPINST should allow the physical host name to get chosen you should not get this error.

You have to first install the oracle DB and after that Oracle failsafe at both nodes ( not in parallel) . Further while doing the DB instance installation on first node the SAPCLUSTER and ORACLECLUSTER should be online.

Can you mark the steps you did in sequence.

Regards

Edited by: Singh Dharm on Apr 30, 2011 2:06 PM

Edited by: Singh Dharm on Apr 30, 2011 2:08 PM

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Singh,

1.Installed Oracle and OFS on both nodes

2.Installed ASCS and SCS on 1st node(Giving virtual host name of SAP cluster)(I moved SAP clustered disk to 1st node as per the installation guide).

3.Clustered 1st node.

4.Installed DB instance on 1st node( tried with physical host name,but did not allow so tried with virtaul host name but got the errors as posted in this forum

I think I followed the guide properly till this step.Please guid me now.

Regards,

Dinakar

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any helpful suggestion will really be appreciated.My installation is really stuck.

Regards,

Dinakar

former_member319296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , Check the ENV variable for oracle while installing the DB instance. Further are you installing on windows 2008 R2 ?

Regards

Dharm Singh

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

All ENV variables set for oracle.ABAP is able to connect to Oracle.But Java is not able to connect.Please suggest me any other ideas.

I am installing it on Windows server 2008 enterprise edition.

Regards,

Dinakar

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on May 11, 2011 6:53 AM

former_member319296
Participant
0 Kudos

Please follow the exact steps mentioned in the guide.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/instguides

Have you installed the failover oracle software.

Regards

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.Yes,I installed oralce and OFS as per the installation guide.

Regards,

Dinakar