Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1. I have installed content server successfully

2. Content server link in web browser showing Running status

3. but Cache server link in web browser not working.

what would be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

I would request you to please post the output of the following command from web browser:

http://<hostname>:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

http://<hostname>:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?serverInfo

We need to see exactly what is the message of the above output to update you what could be wrong with your cache server setting and I apologize for not being in contact for so long.

I will be waiting for your update.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

here is the output of http://loecon:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

serverType="SAP HTTP Content Server";serverVendorId="Copyright SAP AG, All rights reserved 1998, 2001";serverVersion="6400";serverPatch="9";serverBuild="201";pVersion="0046";serverStatus="running";serverStatusDescription="";serverDate="2011-05-03";serverTime="21:36:22";startUpDate="2011-05-03";startUpTime="21:35:37";lastAccessDate="2011-05-03";lastAccessTime="21:35:37";

contRep="CS";contRepStatus="defined";contRepStatusDescription="";contRepDescription="";contentStorageHost="";contentStorageName="";secKeyVerification="y";defaultDocProt="";

& here is the output of http://loecon:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?serverInfo

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can Anybody tell me what is the requirement for installation & configuration of SAP Content Server

Please mention hardware & software also

I have installed content server successfully with standard requirement but its not working so i am thinking that is anything

missing there?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read the note I posted above?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Yes, i had gone through note, but all settings in IIS are proper as per Note but still I am not able to solve issue

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not only the IIS Settings, did you check the "NETWORK_SERVICE" user?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

I have check NETWORK SERVICE User & its having full administrator rights

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

Please try the following steps to test the cache status in sap:

1. In transaction SE38, execute the report RSCMST.

2. Enter the name of your repository

3. Specify the name of your cache in the following format: <host name>:<Port>/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll. For example:

4. Execute the test.

5. Execute the test run RSCMSTH0 or RSCMSTAC.

The traffic light symbols show you whether or not the tests were successful. You can also read the test logs at this point.

You can also check IIS Manager service and select the web sites option,there you will see the status of both your content server and cache server.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

i tested that report before & also today,& I found one thing that in se38 when i execute report RSCMST & provide info ie

Repository name & Cache info,Its not working its showing error message but if I put only rep. name its showing positive result

but its not working.

In IIS both content & cache server showing running status.

I am getting confused where is the missing link.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My problem is partially solved ,

After registering ODBC Driver URL for Cache showing running status

but still in csmonitor txn nothing is there also report RSCMST showing error message

what will be the problem???

Edited by: amol_dounde30 on May 6, 2011 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My problem is partially solved,

After registering ODBC driversmy cache server URLl showing running status

But in txn csmonitor nothing is there, & also in se38 report RSCMST showing error messages for newely created repository

My repository after creation showing running status but after some time its automatically shifted to defined status...I dont know

why this is happening....but i know we wre near to solve this issue

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go into OAC0 and right click on the status "defined" and select activate, that should set it back to running.

now make sure your repository settings are correct is CSADMIN

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

i am not able to right click on status "Defined" is there any other way to activate it.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean in CSADMIN not in OAC0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

In csadmin I am not able to right click on defined Status,is there another way to change the status of repository,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In CSADMIN -> under details tab -> click on the Change button -> then right click on "defined" and select Activate

Regards

Juan

Do not open a new thread for the same question

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am still not able to find out anything in CSMONITOR

& after creating repository In OAC0 tcode whenever i Click on test connection its showing following error

"HTTP error: 401 Unauthorized"

Parameter values Are

Admin 0

Security 0

Edited by: amol_dounde30 on May 12, 2011 7:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Content server problem is solved but there one thing with which i am still fighting

in CSMONITOR Tcode I am not able to View Content Server & cache server Information

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

installation of content server 6.40

Edited by: amol_dounde30 on May 5, 2011 3:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know which ports you are using for Content Server and Cache Server?

It should be 1090 for Content Server and 1095 for Cache Server.

Let me know what browser string your using for Cache Server.

Regards.

Manaswi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswi,

thanks for reply,

as per installation guide I have set default port no for Content server is 1090 & its showing running status in browser

Cache server Port no is 1095 & its not working,

For Content server browser string is :- http://<hostname>:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

For Cache Server Browser String Is :- http://<hostname>:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?serverInfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol ,

If browser working for one port and not for other then it means that this particular port 1095 is blocked. Please check via telnet for this port and ask your network team to open the same.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I checked through telnet both port 1090 & 1095 are working fine means i am getting Connection through TELNET

regards

Amol

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It must be an issue with permissions,

Read Note 658442 - SAP Content Server 6.30 on Windows 2003 servers

It also apply to CS 640

Regards

Juan