cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple selection limitation for SE16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a question regarding the table search using the transaction SE16.

I have a table zzz and i want to search some data in this table zzz. So I fill in the document field the accounts that I what to do the search.

But the search is not base on a range of accounts, I want some specific accounts... so next to the document field there's a arrow for e multiple selection and then i place the x numbers of accounts I want to search in the "Select Single Values" tab.

So i can place:

N entries

But looks like it's limited up to 4095 entries, if I exceed more than 4095 entries, it will just return no data found!!!

If I load 4095 entries it does return the data I want...

So, is there any configuration for this kind of limitation?

Regards

Chun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chun,

Frankly, I haven't tried anytime 4095 entries thing.

Anyways, try with

- click on import from text file button or press Shift + F11 button from keyboard.

or

- maintain your desired values in spreadsheet, copy those values and click on upload from Clipboard or press Shift + F12 button from keyboard.

This should assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thank you for the interest you had to solve my problem, but actually the problem persist.

I just noticed something... it only happens when i use 2 fields for search criteria.

for example.

Field 1 is the range of the date.

Filed 2 is the document number.

So i fill up the range of the date, using 4095 registries in the filed 2 it will show me for example 1000 results. But if I add a additional registry(4096) to the field 2 in the multiple selection, it will return 0 results.

That's pretty weird.

Regards,

Chun

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE16 generates the native SQL in the background. I have found that the number of values in the mutuiple selection does erach a limit. (I would expect SAP to tell you that it cant create the SQL.)

Best thing to do would be to break the selection into 2 sets.

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Chun,

I tried SE16 for standard tables and ZTABLES, in the MULTIPLE selection i entered data more that 4095 and system shows all the details of all 5000 documents.

As per Mr Prakash suggestion paste the value in Multiple selection by

SHIFT + F12 (Upload from Clipboard)

-

1 more...

GO TO SETTING-FORMAT LIST -- CHOOSE FIELDS and select only the required fields to be displayed from the ztable.

Regards,

Mani

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try using SE16n and let me know if that is working fine.