cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cXML DTD conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to convert the cXML.dtd to cXML.xsd by using altova and have noticed that three xsd files are generated. It is happening for any .dtd file downloaded form cXML.org site.

I can import all the three xsd into XI (under ED) and able to see the Message Names. But when i import them in MM, I notice only half message. for example - GetPendingRequest message type and the GetPendingRequest.xml file which comes with the download. both are different.

The question i am facing are -

why is that altova converting single .dtd to 3 *.xsd. ?

Do we have to use all the three xsd's in our design?

do we have to refer these xsd to each other in ED?

in the mapping, do we have to take any extra precautions? or it is same as normal mapping?

I am proposing a solution to the client that, we will deliver a cxml file (*.cxml) by using FTP adapter without any conversion. Meaning, xml output of the mapping program will be deivered. is this good solution? will the customer will be able to read the file?

kindly help me.

Regards

Azias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

But when i import them in MM, I notice only half message. for example - GetPendingRequest message type and the GetPendingRequest.xml file which comes with the download. both are different.

You need to reference the xsds to each other in external definition.

Do we have to use all the three xsd's in our design?

Yes

do we have to refer these xsd to each other in ED?

Yes, you can refer xsds to one another by:

1.) Opening the main xsd, then go to external references tab

2.) Under the external references tab, there are two columns there, one is for the source and one is for the name. If there is an entry for source, click its corresponding name (even if it is blank).

3.) Once the source is already highlighted by using step2, press ctrl+c (copy)

4.) Import/open the xsd you want to be referenced. You will see a source field there, and the press ctrl+v (paste). Save and activate

in the mapping, do we have to take any extra precautions? or it is same as normal mapping?

Message mapping will be the same, but what is important is what message structure is required by business. You might as well consult with them as to what the final output is required.

Hope this helps,

Mark