cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading WSDL referring to external xsds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to consule a java web service for a proxy to web service scenario. The .wsdl provided referes to .xsd files which are not contained within the .wsdl. Whenever I'm trying to import the .wsdl and the referenced .xsd files under external definitions in IR, XI is not able to resolve the wsdl and the referenced xsd files and as a result, the target message type is not getting generated properly. When I am opening the same .wsdl in SOAPUI or Altova, the .wsdl is read correctly and the request message gets generated correctly also.

Please suggest if there is a way to read the .wsdl in XI alongwith the referenced .xsds.

regards

Debansu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to download the other XSDs as well as the WSDL and import that one into PI. The WSDL has dependencies to the other XSDs and in PI it will be looking for them as well. Do a check on the WSDL that you imported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John. I also imported the other .xsd files but the wsdl does not open normally even then. The same wsdl along with the referenced .xsd files open correctly in SOAPUI.

regards

Debansu

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI could not refer to external XSD as ALTOVA or any other tool does. You would have to merge the WSDL with the external XSDs. This is how PI was designed for now (may be).

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

dont forget to add the imported xsd name in line "source" of the external defnition.

In "external references" you can see for each ext.definition if it has found the referenced files.

They all need to be imported to the same namespace.

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk. That solved the problem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stenishpeter_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

I have a similar requirement. We have a Wsdl which refers xsd from multiple external schemas.  As in PI, we have to keep all xsd together in one namespace, we tried to import all XSDs in ESR. Unfortunately, there is a lot of referencing within each XSD and it has become very complicated.

Is it possible in PI, to keep a WAR file(Containing all XSD and schema) on application server, and then refer to them dynamically?

Regards,

Sten