cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve the request/response XMLs in a transaction used as a Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a question related to a transaction that will be called as a Web Service from an external system.

Within that transaction I would like to record the XML request message that was sent to MII for logging purposes.

Is there a way to have such information from within the transaction?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your BLS transaction you can add a file Write or XMLSaver action block to write the input parameter values of the transaction in a text or XML file. In this way you can't get the exact SOAP request XML but all the input parameter values that is sent in the request while executing the transaction as web service.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

thanks again for helping me out.

From you reply I assume that it is not possible to get the SOAP request XML, right?

I was wondering if I was missing on some hidden function that would give me such information...

My problem is that I would like to log the inputs/outputs of a number of different transactions that will have a different number of input/output parameters, using the same DB table structure. I guess I'll have to concatenate all the inputs prior to saving to the DB, not quite the cleanest approach...

I'm fairly new to MII, and I can never get over how much string manipulation is needed to get around all of the limitations. It's frustrating... If anyone has a better idea than concatenating the fields, please let me know.

Regards,

Marcelo

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

You may also take a look at the Logging action blocks. XML Tracer and Event Loggers may be useful for your purposes. Event Logger writes to the NetWeaver logs. XML Tracer writes to a file and is very similar to XML File Write.

Test them and see what has value for you. If you are just using the information for troubleshooting, you may want to put a branch (Conditional) in to only record upon failure. This will keep the logging to that which you need and not when it is simply going to add to disk space consumption.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks for your response.

I need to keep track of everything that goes through the web service and the idea is to use a database table to keep this data. Ideally I would store the SOAP request and response XMLs directly, but it seems that it is not available in MII.

I'm guessing that the best solution will be to just structure the inputs somehow and save them to the DB table. The problem is that some of the inputs are quite complex and I still haven't got the XML input attribute to work when the transaction is used as a web service...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since your transaction only processes the data passed through WDSLGen it does not have the information you require.