cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is program ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am trying to make a simple outbound connection. While making an outbound connection from SAP to java, i have creted an object of JCO.Server type.

JCO.Server srv[] = new JCO.Server[1];
srv[0] = new Server("xxxxxxxx","xxxxx00","JCOSERVER01",repository);

using the constructor..

JCO.Server(java.lang.String gwhost, java.lang.String gwserv, java.lang.String progid, IRepository repository)

In this what is the third parameter is program ID of the server. What is the program ID and where/how i can find it?

While creating the RFC destination with this program ID and then testing the connection, gives me the error...program JCOSERVER01 not registered

Also, I am trying Example5 in the JCO package. But it gives the error..

1. The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete.Cannot find the classpath file for com.sap.jdsr.writer.DsrIPassport.Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project.

2. This complilation unit indirectly references the missing type com.sap.jdsr.writer.DsrIPassport(Typically some required class file is refering a type outside the classpath)

I have installed the JCO jar file and set the class path. I am able to make the inbound connection and call the ABAP Function module through java.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you ever figure the problem with this:

This complilation unit indirectly references the missing type com.sap.jdsr.writer.DsrIPassport(Typically some required class file is refering a type outside the classpath)

I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

The program id that your should to put is the id to identify the program in the sm59, you have to set there this parameter, and use it in your Java Program.

good luck

Joshua

Regargds

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In SM59 also i had created the RFC destination with connection type 'T' and in activation type i have chosen the Registered Server Program. And in Program ID 'JCOSERVER01'. When i test this connection, it gives the error that the program 'JCOSERVER01' not registered. So which program id do i need to enter here....