cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Certification - OLD c_taw12_70, or NEW c_taw12_71???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I recently completed TAW12, with the intention of writing the c_taw12_70 certification. I'm still studying and have not yet booked my certification date...

Yesterday I noticed that SAP released a new version of the ABAP certification: c_taw12_71, as can be seen on the curriculum roadmap:

http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/erp/curriculum.epx?context=%5b%5bNW_ABAP_DEV%5d%5d%7c

Looking at the descriptions of the two certifications:

Old: C_TAW12_70: http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/erp/certificationtest.epx?context=%5b%5bC_TAW12_70%7c%...

New: C_TAW12_71: http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/erp/certificationtest.epx?context=%5b%5bC_TAW12_71%7c%...

They seem quite similar...

Is there anyone here who knows what's going on with the new certification? Which one is better to write? c_taw12_70 or c_taw12_71?

Does this mean the content of the courses (TAW10, TAW12, etc) are also updated to be in line with the new c_taw12_71certification? - thus implying the course I've attended previously is outdated and out of sync with the questions in the new c_taw12_71 certification?

What is the passing rate for the new c_taw12_71 certification? is it the same as the old c_taw12_70 one?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rudolf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Thanks for the input.

I've also established that the passing rate for C_TAW12_71 is 64% The previous one was/is 55% (as far as I know).

I've also tried to look at some of the release notes for 7.02, and I'm of the opinion that the changes in 7.02 are not that vast as to impact the certification questions... In addition - the preparation courses listed for C_TAW12_70 (TAW10, TAW11, TAW12, etc) are still on the same version... how could SAP introduce new questions based on 7.02 features if the underlying courses are still of a previous version?

An increase in passing-rate and refocusing on other topics is the only change i think... The 7.02 reference I think is only to stay with the times...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolf,

Though the current versions of the course preparation for C_TAW12_70 is 092 (2009/Q2) which is based on SAP NetWeaver AS 7.02, in C_TAW12_70, you won't be asked any questions about features that are specific for 7.01 and 7.02, I believe. The version in the description "SAP Certified Development Associate - ABAB with SAP NetWever 7.0" of C_TAW12_70 should mean the questions should be limited to the version 7.0 of SAP NetWeaver.

The reason that SAP references the 092 version of the course preparation for C_TAW12_70, I guess, is that this version includes what you need for C_TAW12_70 (but also what you need for C_TAW12_71).

Most of what covered in 093 is already covered in the older version (063), except those new features in 7.01 and 7.02, I guess. Anyone who has prepared using 063 is already in a good position for C_TAW12_71, I believe. However, to take the C_TAW12_71 exam and to pass with higher mark, he/she may want to make sure they are also familiar with the new features in 7.02 (the links below may be helpful) which would not take much time, I think.

[ABAP Trial Version 7.02 available in SCN!|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22476] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[What's New in ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/1009fbb7-fd08-2d10-0182-852b6fa05f08] [original link is broken];

[What Is New in ABAP Language, ABAP Workbench, and Enhancement Framework With SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/18115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

According to those who recently pass the C_TAW12_70 exam, the passing rate for C_TAW12_70 is 52% (see the blog below).

[My experience of SAP Certification Exam - ABAP C_TAW12_70 SAP|http://learnhrabap.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-experience-of-sap-certification-exam.html]

Prasat Sum

Edited by: Sakprasat Sum on May 9, 2011 9:24 AM

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sure you all realise this, but the 'pass mark' - ie the score you need to pass the test - changes constantly. It is not fixed for any one exam.

You will be told at the very beginning of the test what the pass mark is.

good luck

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the differences are that, in the new certification (C_TAW12_71):

- Topics that may be seen as not very important for today associate developers are eliminated from the competency. For instance, you don't see the following topics listed in the competency of the new certification: ALV, Unicode.

- Weightings are also changed according to what they may see as import or not very important for today associate developers.

- While the old certification is for NetWeaver 7.0, the new certification is for NetWeaver 7.02. So you should expect to see questions about features that are only specific for 7.02 in the new certification, but not in the old certification, I think.

So, by taking the new certification:

- You may focus just only on topics that are seen as very important for today associate developers.

- May be also tested on new features in later release (7.02) as well.

Prasat Sum

Edited by: Sakprasat Sum on May 5, 2011 6:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The major difference in these papers is that the new paper will test your capabilities in Webdynpro ABAP. And there is a major change in the weigthage also, the topics which were covered for 60% in the old paper have been reduced to 40% and vice versa.

If i had to write now, I would prefer the new paper C_TAW12_71 which will cover all advanced areas of ABAP, and the major advantage would be Webdynpro ABAP, which is very much in demand now.

The passing mark and all other details can be obtained by contacting SAP.

I think apart from Webdynpro ABAP, the same materials can be used.

Vishwa.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, the descriptions look pretty much identical. Maybe they shuffled the priorities a little, but that's it.

So I would say that any study you've done for C_TAW12_70 would be very fine for C_TAW12_71 as well.

The C_TAW12_70 exam has always included WebDynpro, by the way (4 or 5 questions if I remember rightly).

cheers

Paul Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you mean to say just to shuffle the priorities little bit, they have introduced a new paper? I think there is a major change in the weightage of the topics and though Webdynpro has been part of the old paper, the questions were very less and I feel the new paper is going to have lot more of them.

I dont see any logic in having a new paper If it is very much similar to the old one and has very few or minor changes to it. They should have changed the old paper itself if that is the case.

Both the papers are for different reasons, is what I believe.

Just my point of view.

Vishwa.

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a closer look, and C_TAW12_70 is for Netweaver 7.0, while C_TAW12_71 is for Netweaver 7.02.

So while C_TAW12_71 would be a more valuable and up-to-date certification, I believe there will be a big overlap in questions. (However I'm not that familiar with 7.02 - we just put it in ourselves).

Based on the weightings, both exams contain the same amount of Web Dynpro questions, by the way. Why would you 'feel' otherwise?

cheers

Paul